Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No, thats the same kit as I have on both of mine, and I also have the MFS dipstick extension, no problems.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
No, thats the same kit as I have on both of mine, and I also have the MFS dipstick extension, no problems.
so is the rhino crap alternator the same as the Alba set up?and do you have any picts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yes

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
sorry to bug you bayou but i dont want to get the wrong setup??? rhinocrap doesnt know when he will get anymore alt in and when i look at the install of the alba setup it looks like the mounting plate goes right over where the dipstick extension is are you positive these are the same kits? thanks

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No I am nearly 98% sure this is what Nick sold. The plate actually only gos over the plastic cover piece on the engine, bolts in with the three bolts that holds the plastic cover. I have no clearance issues on either of my units. The other thing is I would be surprised if a company like Alba would not have looked at clearance for the oil check stick when they engineered this. I understand your concern though. Did you pose this question to Nick when you called him?:alcoholic:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I didnt get to talk to nick and i left a message at alba i just dont want to lose the billet extended dipstick i really like that piece.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Understand, good luck with the project

·
Registered
168 Posts
anybody delt with these in the water?? how do they hold up??

·
Registered
669 Posts
how is everbodys kits working? does it lug the motor down? i was told that the alba kit has to hit 3,000rpm to work or u need to install a toggle. i have heard a mix of stories and not sure what to do.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i have on and ran it through a river once and still worked. i have not noticed any power loss. i had mine jetted and dynoed at KMS and it hit 30HP. its been on for a year, lots of dusty dune trips and still works.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm running the Ricky Stator one. I got it when they were the only one's with one out at the time. Havent had any problems with it. I"ve had it for a year and half now using the same belt it came with.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah, you definitely want the alternator mounted to the motor and not the frame, or you will be throwing belts all the time.

This is the kit I have, from UTV Specialties. Im not sure if he is still in business. But I really like the kit, and the mount is pretty beefy. So far so good.

Only downside Ive found, is these setups put the alternator pretty close to the exhaust on some setups (like my Pro Circuit duals). But some header wrap just for the 4" of pipe that are near the alt should solve that. If I had to do it again, Id probably do the kit that puts the alt towards the front of the motor, instead of the back. Cant remember where I saw it though...
This looks like the Brown Manufacturing kit we ran last summer. We broke two alternators then broke the billet plate. He said he was designing a new bracket and he would set me up. But now he will not even return my calls. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
This looks like the Brown Manufacturing kit we ran last summer. We broke two alternators then broke the billet plate. He said he was designing a new bracket and he would set me up. But now he will not even return my calls. Good luck.
Thats the kit I run and my alternator broke too, after only a hand full of miles. I was going to just replace it, but since I cant get ahold of UTV Specialties anymore, and since I dont want to loose another alternator, or possibly the bracket, Im going to go with the ALBA setup.

I like how it puts the alt up front and away from the exhaust anyways.. Plus I know they will be around if I need any replacement parts..

·
Registered
104 Posts
where are those kit for Rhino from Alba??
thanks
Gervais
ps i would need the aluminium plate or a shematic with dimensions so i would cut my aluminium here

21 - 37 of 37 Posts