Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new here, just purchase a rhino 660 2005, It start great, and idle great, but as soon I touch the acelerator It die and make a intake explosion, start again just fine but can move the rhino because always dies, hope someone can help me thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for your help,Already clean the carburetor with carb clean and air, but always the same, can you tell me what the stock needle size are? Because think the owner before me change the size, thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have a clue about the jets, but hopefully someone will come along and let you know.

Did you completely disassemble the carb to clean it?

What happens if you try and spray carb cleaner in the throttle while trying to rev the engine? If it revs ok doing that, then you know you have a fuel delivery issue. Still backfires, might be looking at timing, valve adjustment, etc...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Already make a valve adjustment and also recheck the timing, all look ok, when make the explosion the intake carb side is with so much fuel and also the intake , hope someone can help me, thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, also checked the carb float, previous owner put an electrical fuel pump, and I put a T between the carb and the fuel pump, also don't have the intake rubber boot, it have a hose on it, thanks for all your help, hope someone else can help me or point me in a Solution, was thinking to order a new carb but it is the last option because of the country where I live, thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
239 Posts
Start with the adjuster screw and if nothing happens then spray all around. Usually carb cleaner will make my motors die if it gets sucked into a leak and alternately starting fluid will increase rpms.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I go with a person who know about carburetors and he say the carburetor don't have the correct needles sizes, so I decide to ordered a new carburetor, will inform when It arrives about 10 to 15 days because where I live

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my friends, I just installed the new carb, my rhino have better response, but It make a bog when start accelerate and then it comes to normal, already play with the air fuel screw, what else can I see? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi, I have a electric fuel pump , and put a T between the carb and the fuel pump , the rhino only make the bog when Is cold or warm, but when its hot there's no bog anymore until comes to cold or warm again, really apreciate all your help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi everyone, sorry to bother again , Put a vacumm fuel pump and works better , but always have the bog problem , need to let it warm for 15 to 20 minutes and then can drive it, think it's to much time to warm , think maybe the time to warm up will be 5 minutes maybe I'm wrong, the carburetor it's new one, what can I check? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2005 660
44 Posts
Have you replaced the intake "hose"?

You mentioned earlier you don't have the correct intake boot, that it is just a hose of some kind. I would replace that before doing anything else. If the carb is not the proper distance from the intake port, you can create issues like you are experiencing.

If you are missing the stock air box that doesn't help either.

It sounds like it was tinkered with at one point and now you are left picking up the pieces. Dialing in the fuel delivery on a system that has been altered can be a nightmare. For every change made you have to compensate somewhere else.

Do you have the stock airbox? Is the exhaust stock? Any other mods that we aren't aware of?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts