Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '09 700 Rhino with Muzzy exhaust, clutch, machine primary, MSD and stage 1 cam. Just put tracks on it, took it for a ride and notice my exhaust is turning red six inches on both pipes. Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have an '09 700 Rhino with Muzzy exhaust, clutch, machine primary, MSD and stage 1 cam. Just put tracks on it, took it for a ride and notice my exhaust is turning red six inches on both pipes. Has anybody else had this problem?
I have seen mine do this but only when I am running partial choke during warm up. When I release the choke they turn back to normal.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mine does about the same at idle, once I give it a little throttle it seems to go away.
It's come up before on here and a lot of people say it's ok. I've always thought it was a little disturbing but it's been that way for a while and mine was tuned by Benchmark.
Do you have your MSD on the correct setting?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Mine did that when I first installed the cam, then I realized I had it on the wrong map. doesn't do it anymore with Hunterworks, or Alba Racing's map 2D or 3D controller.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Mine did that when I first installed the cam, then I realized I had it on the wrong map. doesn't do it anymore with Hunterworks, or Alba Racing's map 2D or 3D controller.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I called and talk to the guy at muzzy when It was happening to me. he said they all do that just make sure your program is right. mine's been doing it for a year and a half,runs great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts