Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 660 Rhino recently the engine started spinning freely when I acceleration or tried to go faster than 5mph. The belt is ok I pulled the primary sheave seemed ok a couple of weights were flipped but I gotta replace those anyway. I noticed a little damage to the pressure plate but not enough to justify the engine spinning. The slipper clutch surface is still brown not metal to metal yet and the one way bearing doesnt look to worn out..any suggestions

·
Registered
395 Posts
by slipper clutch....do you mean the wet clutch?....cus it is brown...unless really warn...then it has metal showing on outer edges....so you have torn it down that far?....have the right oil?....did you try it with belt cover off and up on blocks and run it and see whats doing what with the primary and seconday?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the wet clutch...? correct oil...doesnt it use the oil from the engine..when I started engine with the clutch housing off I was shot with oil i assumed its engine oil. I didnt check it out with the belt housing off "I should have"...

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,421 Posts
If the weights are not right it will cause the sheave to stay "low gear". This would cause a lot of RPM and no speed. If the belt is worn too much you will run into the same thing. I dont have a service manual handy but I think if the belt is under 1.250" it needs replacement. Someone with a service manual want to verify that for me...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasnt just alot of rpm it was ALOT OF rpm and no power engine just spinning no forward movement

·
Registered
395 Posts
yeh...js thats engine oil behind that cover for wet clutch.....dot run it whit that off!....that oil that was shooting is suposed do be going back to engine parts for lube....if its back together ...wet clutch...and all...with belt cover off.....and wheels on ground....if you are idleing....prime and sec are still...off idle the wet ingages and the prime should start to spin and the rhino should want to move...and see whats doing what?...then jack rear wheels and do again...you should see the both pime and second move up and down on there sheves from off idel to top speed...and see if belt is slipping or wet clutch?

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
does oil squirt out with just the clutch cover off?

bad seals , oil getting on belt and just spinning ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will put it all back together this weekend and see what it is doing..should have looked at that first got a little zealous with the tear down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts