Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this started as a wet clutch rebuild and decided once I was that far I would pull the motor and tackle the mid gear drive support before I have any problems.

Heres for the questions on the 660

Decided now that I'm in the motor I want to do a few upgrades I mostly ride in the mud and at low speed on sand trails and so forth and open it up for a few short full speed runs each ride. Mods are in my signature below

I am mainly thinking reliability hints going in to do the mid gear support. So while there was thinking of doing a 686 BBK with CP 11:1 piston and possibly a cam for what I do would the mudbuster be good or should I get the stage II hotcam. I know if I get the Stg II I at least need the raptor Valve springs. Also what other reliabilty mods should I do for this thing to last.

Sorry for the long post just want to get some advice from u guys who have done this before and want to do it right the first time.

Thanks in advance Taylor

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would recommend having the crank rebuilt with a HD Carrillo rod. Good precaution for crank failure.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would recommend having the crank rebuilt with a HD Carrillo rod. Good precaution for crank failure.

Nate
Alba Racing
Can you pm me the cost of doing this. What other supporting mods should be done??

Which cam should I go with from the info I gave in the 1st post?

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else have so input trying to do this right the 1st time and not get it done and say "well I should of done this or that"

got your PM Nate

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone else give this a bump....

·
Registered
357 Posts
i would send the head to cameron at redline racing in oregon, have him port it and bigger valves, then do a cam and hsr carb, thats what i did to mine and i can climb any hill i want at the dunes, and cruise at 58mph with 4 adults in it, at the sand.i got some clutch work too

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the advice sounds like yours is strong to run 58 with 4 people nice

·
Registered
357 Posts
yea it goes pretty good, if you do a 686, cam, port, carb , intake, sheave and secondary spring, it will rip. thats what i did to mine, i dont think you will need anymore, i have one of those carb kits still in the box if your interested

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how much for the carb??

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cam

I have a BRAND NEW STAGE 1 CAM that Im trying to sell

Mud buster cam made by: HOT CAMS

$75.00 and you pay the shipping.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Unfortunatly I have rebuilt my fair share of motors, I would also reccomend upgrading the rod, but I am a fan of the Falicon Knife edge rod myself. I would also reccomend a DLC coated wrist pin. Id look into some porting as your gains will be far better than any other mods you make. Chris from Benchmark has an awesome head but it may be a little more than you need for the riding you do. Whatever you choose tho go with a reputable company. I have seen more hacked up port jobs that good ones.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the advice guys and Jim who sells the Falicon rods?? and are they better than the Carrillo?? or about the same

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok thanks for the advice think I'm gonna go with the Carillo

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok after reading another thread I'm leaning towards the falicon due to the light weight is it gonna be much of a diff??

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts