Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im so lost when it comes to suspension!!! Im trying to decide between the Bilsteins and the Elka's that Brian is giving the really good deal on!! :?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
it all depends on what your looking for out of your rhino, and what kind of person you are. If you don't want bling, no fussing, no adjusting, no nothing but excellent performance, and extreme value, go with the bilsteins.. check the latest Cart Wheelin magazine for proof. If you want all the fancy stuff, and want to play with adjustments, and will never be satisfied, and have the extra money to throw down, go with the adjustable Elkas..

If i was starting over, i would go bilstein hands down. they simply work, and work very well. save the money for engine stuff to go faster, because the shocks will keep up.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
For the price I think the Bilsteins are great ..... If you want to spend a little more the WERS are great too ...... The elkas are a good shock but they cost more too ....... It just seems that the Bilsteins and Walker Evans have really been dialed in for the Rhino .....

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
yeah.. i think so too. the WER's seem to work well from what i hear. I haven't worked with them yet, so i can't say for sure. I have talked to them a few times, and they have all the specs for our suspension kits. They might have even done a few sets now, but i am not sure. I have heard from WER's competition that they work good, so that means they probably do.

G-

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I am going to call them and see if they are ready to modify my WERS to function with you +3 kit ...... That would be cool .... then if I didnt like the ride I could always change them out for the Bilsteins .... so really nothing to loose .....

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i am sure they can get them to work as good as the bilsteins.. it will just take a few trips to get them dialed. the hard work is worth it in the end.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Easy choice...

Bilsteins all the way.

Rhino Nationals in June 06, a rhino with stock a-arms and bilsteins came in 4th place over a field of about 20 long travel rhinos.

Rhino Nationals in Sept 06, a rhino with +4 a-arms and bilsteins came in 3rd place over a field of over 20 rhinos and on a much tougher course.

I think Elkas are all HYPE... someone needs to prove to me with a series of race wins that Elkas are the best for Rhinos.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I think the Elka Elites are pretty cool because they have so many adjustments .... but that is just to much money for stock suspension ..... You can get an LSR +3 MTS kit with the Bilstein Shocks for the preice of the Elka Elites .... and I guarantee you the LSR kit would be a 100% better ride ....... There Elka shocks that dont have all of the adjustments (Sport Series .... I think) that are made to compete with the WERS, Fox, Bilsteins etc ..... are far less than the Elites but still more money than the WERS or Bilsteins and I dont think you get any benefits ......

I think if I didnt already have my WERS and I was going to do it over again I would try out the Bilsteins ..... I hear lots of good feedback .... I also hear the WERS are just as good but the Bilsteins cost a little less ....

If you get an LSR +3 kit I would definately go with the Bilsteins over the Elkas ..... the Bilsteins are less money and from what I hear a better ride and more travel ......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Will the Bilstiens add carrying capacity to the rear? Or will it still sag really bad with 200 pounds in the bed?

I need to carry rated load without squat, any suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.