Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the electrical plug for that's taped into the wire harness that runs from taillight to taillight. It just stubbed out of the wire harness and it located in the center just below the tailgate and tywrapped up to the bed frame. Rich

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
do they have the pig tail on the 07?
The little plug is there, and plugged up. Like others have said you have to get the relay and pigtail for the reverse lights to work.

I use the Green/blue wire off of the dash (find it in the manual) to turn my Leds backup lights on. However Note: it provides a ground to your lights (same as the indicator on the dash). I ran +12v to the LEDs and then this ground to them and when you shift into reverse they come on.

Rog

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
I added a 55w halogen reverse spot light to this circuit when I got the Rhino a few years ago & it works great backing up in the woods at night. I noticed it was prewired for it in the wiring diagram, just needs to be hooked up in the battery box as mentioned. The European models have the reverse lights so rather than make 2 harnesses Yamaha just leaves them unplugged & capped for US models.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts