Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 2009 Yamaha Rhino and have had a parasitic drain from the get go. Got stranded five miles from base camp after riding for a couple hours. The Low battery light came on and when I shut it off I was history. Turn the key and nothing but a click click click. It was a new battery, so I made my way back to base camp and brought back a jump box. It started and headed back, dash still said low battery. Replaced the battery and started looking for parasitic draws. I found a cable that was smashed between a screw and repaired that spot. This is a second owner vehicle and the first owner added a lot of extras. The cable I fund that was smashed went to the winch. When I bought the unit, the winch worked, but the cable was tangled so badly I could not pull the cable out. I replaced the winch with a 3500lb special I got a Harbor Freight. When I hit the switch all I got was a click click click. So I changed the regulator that came with the kit and still just click click click. It's frustrating because one of the reasons I bought this side by side was for the snow plow that came with it. Winter in Montana is fast approaching and I really need to figure out why my winch won't work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lots of different issues here. How about starting with the first?

Do you have a multi-meter? Can you check to see if the battery is being charged when the engine is running?

Upload as many pictures as you can that shows the wiring of everything that has been added.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts