Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im swithcing to a new pump and am wondering which way I should go......
I can do the Mikuni high-flow for $50 or a Purolator electric for about $30. Both will do what I need, jsut want to go the best route.

Thanks guys!

:D

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn......youre freakin quick Ryan! :p

I do like the Mikuni, but I like the fact I can run to Checker and grab the pump NOW! Im an inpatient person.......

But since I can get the Mikuni for just under $50 off ebay, I think I may just do that. That way I dont need a kill switch either.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would go with the Mikuni.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks, Iwas thinking of switching mine out as well, I think that is the reason I sometimes back fire after letting off the gas as I get to the top of a Dune, lack of gas. If I keep it throttled a little bit I never back fire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello new to this site and wondering if anyone has heard of the problems with the electric fuel pump from BRP? it will stall out at all different levels of throttle and until the engine is back at idle and then it fine? Please help want to get it running!! Thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hello new to this site and wondering if anyone has heard of the problems with the electric fuel pump from BRP? it will stall out at all different levels of throttle and until the engine is back at idle and then it fine? Please help want to get it running!! Thanks
Where do you have your pump wired into? If it is tied in with the ignition somehow remove it from that sorce and tie it direct to the battery and try running it again see if it works then you need to find a better place to get power.

I had a similar problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
fuel pump

Thnks. I have it wired into its own fused terminal strip direct from the battery. I have checked power draw and it is constant. Where is the best place to ground to? Do i need to loop my supply line up higher than the carb to give it some hydrostatic?

·
Registered
492 Posts
is there any circuits on your fuse strip that come on when the key is turned on? What makes the fuel pump come on?

Is this pump something you just added?

I have the BRP fuse block on my Rhino and where they tell you to hook the ignition ON only wire. Pulled that wire off and it fixed my problem some how it was messing up my ignition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
fuel pump

I didn't buy the fuze block from BRP. I have wired into my cigarette lighter with inline fuze assembly and grounded at my battery. Could this be my problem how do i fix it without ordering more junk from BRP?

sorry, when i turn the key half way the pump starts to pump

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have mine tied into my Cig Lighter and it has worked great for the last year. I got mine from checker its the same as BRP but cheaper, and make sure you buy the lower flow one 3-5 psi I think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts