Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I install a 2.5 - 4psi electric fuel pump on my 660 and everything is good except that the overflow hose under the carb keeps leeking out tiny amounts of fuel and the screw is screwed all the way in.I left the t in the fuel line and it overflows back to the tank so the system can't be pressured up. Anyone with some advice please help.

·
Registered
153 Posts
sounds like you got a jet that isn't seating properly allowing fuel to bypass through the carb and fill up the bowl. I would say take the carb apart and give it a good cleaning and it should fix your problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just changed out the main jet to a 170 dj and I blew all the jets out and it never leaked fuel from the overflow hose before.

·
Registered
187 Posts
the needle cant get seated to shut off the flow because there is too much pressure. there is some pictures floating around where some guys have rerouted there return line to help out. there is a T in the line that they also move i believe. maybe someone else will chime in on this...i can't remember exactly. look at it and you might figure it out. you basically want to get the return line in a better position to help the extra fuel get back to the tank.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was gonna try putting the return line on the vent nipple on the tank but then where can the tank vent from. And what about the fuel pickup i guesse just plug the one side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
electric fuel pump

if you use an electric fuel pump u will need to install a pressure regulator to slow down the flow, i installed one did same thing on my 06 660, installed regulator----perfect! hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
No problem, I had the 660 06 model, and after I spent $15000.00 dollars on it in extras 2 months ago my shop and everything I own burned to the ground!! So I want to tell u all out there -- get insurance on your rhino with its own policy!! I did not have insurance. Bad mistake. I learned my lesson tho. The hard way! Last sat I bought me another one, 08 yamaha 700. I hope I like it as good as I did my 06 660 so if there is anything I should know about the fuel injection models any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
On all the ones I've done I drill out the return leg of the Y fitting. This drops the pressure low enough to not blow past the needle valve. I start with the smallest bit so that it barely removes any material and work up from there. Because every fuel pump dosen't put out the same pressure, there isn't a exact size, I just keep going up till it doesn't overflow. I've gone the regulator route but found they where inconsistant at the lower pressures these pumps put out. Either way you decide to go, should solve the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts