1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That's a great idea!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Does anybody know how much these things weigh?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Are they only on Ebay or is there a shop that sells them?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Has anyone done any damage to need these? Or just another add on to say I did it! Was thinking of making my own floors and front firewall from scratch when I go to widen my floor area and sink my carbon fiber dash in. If I don't, these may be an option if it'll do anything for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
SouthBay, I have seen three people have a branch kick up and wedge from the ground up to the cross bar that runs underneath half way back. The branch blew up thru the floorboard. This happened on both the passenger and drivers side. This seems to be something that happens in the dry washes in the desert runs we do. If these skid plates fill that area, then they might be worthwhile. I've never seen, not that it wouldn't happen, anything come thru the rear of fenderwell. I've looked at doing something in this area but not in a panic about it. Since your going from scratch, it would be something I'd do depending on your configuration underneath. Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SouthBay, I have seen three people have a branch kick up and wedge from the ground up to the cross bar that runs underneath half way back. The branch blew up thru the floorboard. This happened on both the passenger and drivers side. This seems to be something that happens in the dry washes in the desert runs we do. If these skid plates fill that area, then they might be worthwhile. I've never seen, not that it wouldn't happen, anything come thru the rear of fenderwell. I've looked at doing something in this area but not in a panic about it. Since your going from scratch, it would be something I'd do depending on your configuration underneath. Just my $0.02 worth.
They cover it.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
brian b
have these held up?
i just put log thru floorboard today in mud, trying to stop it again

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just got some and put them on also. I didnt want to pay the extra for the powder coat so I
used some leftover herculiner from doing the floor in my trailer and put that on them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a pair of the ones from Hunterworks. I don't know if I "need" them or not, but I ride in the woods with lots of sticks and branches. I just wanted something more than a cheap piece of plastic between my nuts and the road.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts