1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:: PRODUCT REVIEW ::

DYNATEK PERFORMANCE CDI & COIL
By: Tony Carricaburu

Description: The first thing we noticed about our Rhino while flying across the trails was there was a rev limiter built in on the factory Ignition (CDI). We did some research and discovered that the factory limits the engine RPM's to 7,700 rpm's. Of course we peaked this barreling along at about 45mph with my foot still pushing down wanting more. Although 45mph is a respectable top speed for a 1300lb. semi unstable machine but being able to really open her up every now and again was a must. We did some research on several manufactures producing these Rhino performance CDI's that either eliminate the rev limiter altogether or up the limiter a to 9k rpm. One of the biggest complaints we read about was some aftermarket CDI's ignitions require you to turn the key to the on position and wait a few seconds before starting. No biggy, you just have to pretend its a diesel I guess...

*Click on Link to read the full article.

Product Review Link: http://offroad-review.com/new/index.php?page=52

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Are the CDI and coil in the same package or do you have to buy both seperately. Where is the best place to buy them?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there sold seperatly. Its kind of interesting too on the CDI instructions it recomends using the stock coil..? I think they came out with the performance coil later. They work good together... never tried them seperatly.

As for buying them, I got mine directly from Dynatek.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I have the BRP CDI right now and everything seems to work great. I wonder if there is any point in changing it out?

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I would like to see your reviews deal with these items seperately and try to quantify the results to something that can be measured and compared.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I changed my cdi from a Brp (PROCOM) to a dynatek, and I felt a big difference. Not neccessarily in performance, actually a little, but started way easier, and took away reverse limiter. well worth the money, and the coil is always a good thing to have when it offers dyno proven benefits. I feel the extra spark! So I have both and proud as hell!

.......PS, who offers a cdi that takes limiter all the way out? NEVER HEARD OF THAT ONE!!!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is basically the same kit we have been offering for some time. We just made our own bracket and wiring before they had a kit for the rhino. We sell the kit for 99.00. We did notice a performance increase that is why we sell the kit. I wonder if Dynatek wondered why we were buying so many of the same style coils and then realized they should make a kit...LOL

·
Registered
467 Posts
I bought both these items from ACI and have been very happy with the outcome. however, using the BRP cdi with this coil the brp cdi still took the half a second wait, like a diesel, but it seemed to run the exact same, maybe even a little better in the mid range. But the coil is worth every penny...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Coil

Since I first started this Rhino, never ending project, I have talked to people about what works best, hp for the $, performance, etc.... and the aftermarket coil never came up. Is this something new and is it worth buying? What exactly are it's benefits. I have the DYNATEK cdi but I guess the stock coil. Help me out experts. Thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
You Can Get The Cdi For About 165 But Usually Advertised For 210 So Look Around. Not Sure How Much The Coil Is But I Am Interested In It.

·
Registered
80 Posts
where is the best place to buy a dyna tek CDI and coil?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.