Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Reedsport Chamber Fired Joe Mirvis as Event Coordinator....citing budget constraints...

Just kinda thinking back on a few conversations, I have had with other folks this to me looks like a witch hunt....fueled by Head Hunters

A response from the Chamber as to what their future plans are...WE HAVE NO PLAN

So far Elaine from Promoto which puts on the SxS racing, quad racing, barrel racing Etc: and Fred from Oregon Dragracing Assoc. are pulling out if Joe is not the go to person...

Several volunteers have also dropped off....so dunefest as we have known it the last few year could be in jeopardy

Please send emails in support of Joe Mirvis
to Jeff Vander kley at [email protected]
with cc to [email protected]

Joe has been a great advocate for the OHV community....what he has done for Dunefest was put it on the map along with making it a family event...

and he did offer to take a paycut, but with an incentive package if he showed a % of profit and the board said NO...

Chamber fires event planner in Reedsport

·
Registered
148 Posts
So we have your side of the story. How about the rest of the story? It seems that half of the dune crowd is in mourning and the other half celebrating. Just from what I read on the forums.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
So we have your side of the story. How about the rest of the story? It seems that half of the dune crowd is in mourning and the other half celebrating. Just from what I read on the forums.
Your right ....always two sides to any one story ....it's sounding like the other side reports saving payroll money without Joe on staff is the reason....a very valid point...

sent from my broken Droid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts