Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I thought you where running a cover ? How Are you blowing air through the cover unless a hose is attached into the cover with a hole ?

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I thought you where running a cover ? How Are you blowing air through the cover unless a hose is attached into the cover with a hole ?
I never said anything about running a cover. I was asking you how you are running one and mentioned I think you will see belt failure if you run one. The Bronco Clutch runs way too hot to run a cover over IMO. I mentioned I colled mine down by running a fan like a few others do here on the forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i Just read you first reply sorry i guess you are not running a cover , i heard about boat blower motor fan , they put out pretty good air flow , i much rather hear the fan then the marble's rolling around in the motor .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just saw you other message , i guess you are running 8 and an orange , I had a orange on my wet setup but chris switched the spring to a white before i put the Dry clutch on , he said that the orange was slipping and when all the way up to a white but it has a hard time getting up to top speed , i am wondering if going back to a softer spring will help with the belt shifting to a higher point . Don't know if that will make the belt run hotter with a little more belt slip .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Have never broke a belt yet so i am worried because this is my wife car . Don't think she would be able to change a belt by her self . I will try the blower to be safe . Thanks for the info . What are you running for top speed ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Like your arctic cat is that a super charger or turbo ? Must be fast .I have a 2009 rzrs with a Koyer / Holz racing motor and its pretty fast but i am sure it couldn't hold a candle to this Cat .

·
Registered
497 Posts
Have never broke a belt yet so i am worried because this is my wife car . Don't think she would be able to change a belt by her self . I will try the blower to be safe . Thanks for the info . What are you running for top speed ?
If you want this car to fast but you also want it quiet I would go back to the Wet Clutch. This clutch needs air & more than just a fan with the cover. Your worried about top speed & your worried about reliability. You can’t have that with that cover on. The Bronco clutch is a Performance mod that requires major air flow, not only will you waist belt but you will melt pucks. I will be the first to admit the Bronco clutch has help me win plenty of races for my Rhino & My Teryx but they both have open air to them.
P.S. I run the White spriing with 4 weights on my 800CC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Funny but i am running a fully built RZRs with a Koyer / Hotz motor dyno at 80 and its running the cover on , i also have a MOD clutch on it with not one problem . my RZRs does around 75 and i keep my foot in it and never had a belt fail , so i think the dry clutch should be able to work cover's on , all the manufacture run covers on there motors ever rotax motors and 1000 cc arctic cats , i don't buy into that the cover can't be figure out with a motor that has 20 to 30 % less horse power then a Teryx . 800 cc what Rhino or are u talking about a Teryx ? This is my wife's car so he isn't going to be running the **** out of it . I think a one fan pushing air in and a fan pulling air out at only 80 buck's a pop isn't bad ( 250 cfm per fan ) plus the Built in CVT on paper looks good .

·
Registered
519 Posts
the rhino CVT ventilation systems were engineered with the wet clutch in mind not a dry clutch like other manufactures. run the cover on it if you want, but plan on changing your belt frequently.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
John all of the Machines (RZR, Artic cat, Stock rhino, Teryx) you mentioned that are running covers over their clutchs have a built in fan to keep everything cool......you may get away with running your cover for a while....but....Hear me Now and believe me later....these guys on this site KNOW their stuff...If they say you will have a failure....you will!!! Unless the car is pussyfooted all its life...then you may dodge the bullet. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I dont remember the exact numbers but with a 250cfm 3" bildge blower on my powerbloc clutch setup the actual cfm thru the cvt tubes was the same as with the stock clutch setup. I did side by side comparisons with a totally stock setup and a powerblock with cover on and a blower mounted up behind the drivers seat. CFM was taken with a velocity meter probed into the CVT tube and calculated with CVT tube diameter.

The only time I had problems with that setup was on really long WOT runs. After about 10 miles at WOT I lost the belt every time. I raved with that setup also and had problems when I forgot to turn the fan on. I will say you should be fine with the fan in a wifemobile, even better if you do one pulling too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks for the info , in a response too Jim , On the back side of the Bronco there is a slotted fan with is very close to the stock one , Also i am listening to a pro Chris at benchmark , he said that it should be fine and has other customer using this combo with out too many problems i just wanted to take it one more step with 2 fans also using the CVT fan as well i am going to make two additional holes on either end of the cover for a push pull setup , the fans are 30 dl each and some tubing a temp fix until i install a rotax motor . I wanted just to see if any other guys out there have used this combo witch i can see no . Just was wondering why know one has responded to the top speed question , i just wanted to know what the average speed was out there .

21 - 40 of 73 Posts