Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Does this require a new head?!?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  chittdawg 
#1 ·
Broken thermostat where thermo switch goes. Does this call for a new head?
Automotive tire Human body Water Rim Automotive wheel system

See less See more
#4 ·
Welding the head can be tricky, casting might crack if it cools rapidly in any thin spots-if you try JB weld or putty, the switch needs to find a ground or light will stay on. Could relocate it ,close up the hole with filler or weld -I used a bronze pipe nipple, tap, install sender ,Soldered a ground wire to the nipple, cut the water exit rubber hose about 4 inches down, 2 hose clamps done deal -

#6 ·
How to I ground the switch? If the switch still has some original threads in the casing is it grounded?
On the head casting if a filler is used like JB weld it all depends-the filler could isolate the sender completely-cant really just keep tightening into the filler like aluminum….temp light on key on no ground.

#8 ·
On the head casting if a filler is used like JB weld it all depends-the filler could isolate the sender completely-cant really just keep tightening into the filler like aluminum….temp light on key on no ground.
Put in a new thermo switch with the jb weld around it. No more red temp light. But doesn't it normally flash when the key is on accessory?

#7 ·
For what its worth, I had a similar situation on an exhaust manifold stud that had broken the side of the head off. I salvaged what I could from the casting and used Hi Temp JB weld and let it harden for a few days. I did not have a lot of confidence that this would work especially with the heat and vibration. It Has been three years and is still holding like a champ. I am still very surprised !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.