Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do DIRT Racing Products Spindle break?

I have a bent stock spindle and was looking at upgrading to the DIRT Racing Products spindle

Dirt Racing Products, LLC - Home

and was wondering if anyone had actually broken the aluminum steering arm.

I have broken every part on the steering system over the last year and now have a Gear one box with tie rods and it seems to me that rather then have a "bulletproof" spindle and bend the frame when I hit something I shouldn't, I might be better off with a known breakpoint.

So, does the aluminum steering arm actually break when it's supposed too?

Donovan

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Donovan, yes. The DIRT spindles are the finest spindles that exist for a Rhino. In addition to the steering arm, the tapered roller bearings are unmatched in the industry. Plus, they offer a steering arm for long wheelbase long travel Rhinos to improve the steering geometry.
They flat work!
HRT Motorsports has been running these on The Flyin Banana for a couple years now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast reply.

I assume the steering arm you are referring to is the aluminum one that comes on the spindle?

Have you ever heard of, or seen the steering arm on the spindle break?

I would rather bend/break a spindle, then bend/break my frame.

Thanks,

Donovan

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have dirt spindles on my rhino and I can tell you first hand that your frame will bend b4 you bend those damn alum arms !!! I folded the shocks mount on mine and the bottom frame rail a lil but I think they did pivot a lil which took a lot of stress off the bottom frame rail. O yea if forgot to add I BLEW the steering box apart on it but I haven't had a prob with the gear one rack and spindle combo yet. I think with the gear one the weakest link now is where the steering box mounts or the alum arms hopefully I won't find out which is the weakest really is

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the aluminum arms don't break, then I would think a person would be better off with a cheaper spindle.

Donovan

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Might of been just the way I hit but I can say they are bad ass that's for sure. Also don't know if the spindles come into my turning radius but my rhino turns great I thought for a long travel ride it wouldn't turn for **** but I am surprised on how good it does

·
Banned
3,717 Posts

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I have left them two messages. Chris do you have contact info for Dirt Racing?
they are a dealer for DIRT products B.

I did one Alum Tie rod arm brake last year on another rhino, it is a cheap replacement instead of the whole spindle. which is the point of thier design.

and the stuff I have put the banana through this year :eek2: should have broke one and not a hint of an issue with these spindles.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I have seen the arm break atthe races. Sure enough its an easy part to change and a lot cheaoer than a whole spindle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did the arm break or did the bolts holding the arm to the spindle sheer off?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts