Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I know, its all stock except for the electric fuel pump I added.

Does anybody know what the water pressure, and oil temp should be on 2004 660?

oil pressure should be around 10psi at idle and around 30ps at full throttle from what I have read on here.

I have added a new fan with a shroud. I am about to do a couple of good flushes with distilled water and distilled vinegar like Engine Ice recommends and then go back with Engine Ice.

water temp: I found a thread where everyone was posting outside temps and engine temps. At 100 degrees outside, it was 200-210 for most people

I am going to be adding gauges for oil pressure, oil temp, water temp and water pressure. I want to be able to glance and see what my temps are and that the oil pump and water pump are working.

I am looking at using glowshift gauges and senders.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pressure won't get any higher than what is stated on the radiator cap. Usually, 14-16 lbs.

I wouldn't bother with a pressure gauge.
ok. thanks. I was going to add one so that I could see if the water pump was going out before it killed the engine. Since I was adding the others, I figured I would add it too while I was working on it. It seems easy to add, no wires to run through the axle tunnel.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I was going to use one of the oil filter sandwich plate adapters for the oil pressure and temperature so that I don't have to worry about cutting and splicing oil lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts