Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Holiday Winner!
612 Posts
If you have the stock muffler, I do not think it has packing. It just has a series of baffles, it is not really set up for packing, so I am not sure if there is a way to put packing in without restricting the exhaust. If you have an after market exhaust it may be set up for packing or in the case of the MUZZY's "cores" which I think act like packing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the stock muffler, I do not think it has packing. It just has a series of baffles, it is not really set up for packing, so I am not sure if there is a way to put packing in without restricting the exhaust. If you have an after market exhaust it may be set up for packing or in the case of the MUZZY's "cores" which I think act like packing.
I have the stock muffler. Purchased the rhino last year. just looking at ways to quiet it down outside, not in the cab.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the stock muffler. Purchased the rhino last year. just looking at ways to quiet it down outside, not in the cab.
No just the spark arrester, make sure your joints are not leaking, if they are it makes it noisy, the big joint often leaks if not tightened down using the correct gasket.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No just the spark arrester, make sure your joints are not leaking, if they are it makes it noisy, the big joint often leaks if not tightened down using the correct gasket.
ok. thanks. I'll check it.

·
Holiday Winner!
612 Posts
For the most part the stock muffler is going to be quieter than aftermarket (usually be a lot). You could add a secondary muffler or "silencer". I have one and I think it is noticeably quieter for the people behind the rhino, but I can't really tell from the cab.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the most part the stock muffler is going to be quieter than aftermarket (usually be a lot). You could add a secondary muffler or "silencer". I have one and I think it is noticeably quieter for the people behind the rhino, but I can't really tell from the cab.
ok. thanks. I have looked at getting one of the silencer mufflers. Which one do you have?

thanks,

·
Holiday Winner!
612 Posts
I am not sure of the brand that I am running, it was on the machine when I bought it, and I have not seen any thing to ID the manufacture...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts