Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Im a jet boat guy
21 foot Ultra custom jet open bow,454 chevy Big Block,Comp Cam,Roller rockers Comp Push Rods ,Holley high flow fuel pump,Jet avator kicking ass Rooster , 850 Holley Double pump ,A impellar Berkley Jet,few more upgrades

·
Registered
580 Posts
NO.......lol

No..... they kill the water for all the guys who have race boats. It never fails, the water lays down, ready to make a pass and here come a wake boat at 15mph with a 3ft high roller.Then to top it off they hang around and want to watch...big river,speed alley,etc. OK OK But I do like them when they need to be repaired, makes me money.....but they are great family boat.......just saying LOL!.......also good job on the web page....

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
25 Elim?

I like wake boats, cant believe how expensive they are these days, but I'm a tunnel guy
Nice tunnel , how are you liking those Lighting headers? Have a set on a 25 Elim Eagle... coated steel. Are those steel or stainless? They look different.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a 91 mastercraft with a 351 in it loved it but had to get something bigger since we had a baby and bought a 2002 lowe 24' pontoon boat with a 115 4 stoke mercury and love it just as much but miss going fast tho.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
big boat=s, go fast and then sit and drink beer, start up and go fast back the way you came and then stop and drink beer and then go fill up gas tanks....then go home and drink more beer and save $ for a week to do it again next weekend

wakeboard boats=fill up and wakeboard all day until your arms fall off and then pull everybody around lake until their arms fall off and laugh all day long, and only use a half a tank of gas, then go home dead tired and go do it all over again the next day on the other tank of gas!....far better and alot more fun for the buck...owned a 23 howard and 26 signature worlock.....my last boat with a wakeboard tower was by far the most fun we've ever had in a boat!....hands down, lookn for a 23 deckboat now with a tower, anybody got one?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Is it sad I'm selling my wakeboard boat to get a pontoon boat? Jeez I'm getting old. Can't be bothered to ride an atv, so I got a rhino, and now I can't be bothered to wakeboard so I want a pontoon to sit and drink on.

·
Registered
429 Posts
big boat=s, go fast and then sit and drink beer, start up and go fast back the way you came and then stop and drink beer and then go fill up gas tanks....then go home and drink more beer and save $ for a week to do it again next weekend

wakeboard boats=fill up and wakeboard all day until your arms fall off and then pull everybody around lake until their arms fall off and laugh all day long, and only use a half a tank of gas, then go home dead tired and go do it all over again the next day on the other tank of gas!....far better and alot more fun for the buck...owned a 23 howard and 26 signature worlock.....my last boat with a wakeboard tower was by far the most fun we've ever had in a boat!....hands down, lookn for a 23 deckboat now with a tower, anybody got one?
I have a 20' fourwinns with a Volvo 5.0 and captains call with a wakeboard pole. Will do 60mph on smooth water. I'm sure you could get it shipped real cheap.........

·
Registered
580 Posts
FYI

Just remember big guy that your 19ft v-6 boat holds about 25 gallon or less but your would be 23ft deck boat will hold 50gal or more....powered by a 350mpi or 7.4L = thirsty...see ya on the beach...& would ya like a 18 or 30 pack...CL or BL"s......:alcoholic:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yep, 25 Daytona

I like wake boats, cant believe how expensive they are these days, but I'm a tunnel guy
Nice tunnel , how are you liking those Lighting headers? Have a set on a 25 Elim Eagle... coated steel. Are those steel or stainless? They look different.
They are great,,Second set though,,first set was the steel with the coating on the inside of the water jacket and they got a hole rusted in one tube,,flooded a cylinder & hydraulicked the motor,,(bent rod) it was time to freshen the motor anyway,,This set is SS with Eddie Marine Purple Fusion Coating

·
Registered
580 Posts
headers

Bummer about the engine damage ... the SS headers are the way to go. I have to drain mine every time I use the boat just for that reason. Will the coatings on your headers with stand a over heat, say you lost the sea water pump impeller? Or is the coatings like jet-hot and won't peel? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think that its just powder coating / Eddie calls it fusion,,
don't know if it would burn off or peel from an overheat,,
I have only had an impeller go bad once while it was running & I knew it instantly,,motor got louder than chit from no water dumping from the headers.

I also have an excess water dump on the drivers side that I could see the condition of the pump by how much water was coming out when idling,,

I put a new impeller kit in at the beginning of every season now just to be safe and save the old as a spare JIC

Sorry Brian,,,did not mean to hijack your thread

1 - 20 of 23 Posts