Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well dropped it off at Beaumont Motor sports this morning! The fuel pump went bad after 6 hours of operation!!!! I couldn't believe it and would have bet the farm it was something else! Did the Miller Canyon run and limped it back home thinking I had another problem since there could be no way the NEW pump went bad, well 20psi when it needs 51psi to run is not good!!!! We will see what they will do for me?

Well, they final got hold of me, and told me $450 to $550 to fix it! I asked is the warranty on Polaris Fuel Pumps 5hrs? It broke at 6hrs! Then I get "Oh really? Is this the one with the fuel pump problem? There must be something wrong with this! Let me see what we can do now that I know what is going on."

Really? The lack of communications was amazing and I told the entire story to the guy who checked it in in July! He recognized it and seemed to know what was going on?!?!? I don't know what to do? He started back peddling telling me "I had a lot of stuff on the rig" like that would cause the fuel pump to go bad?!?!? I am beside myself and am wondering if it will ever run again? I would be screwed if I didn't have another ride!

You know what I wanted to hear? Don't worry we will figure it out and if it is related to something bad or we did we will take care of it! Not "There is something wrong" Dah! Like I couldn't figure that out? Man, and we wonder why the economy is in the tank and people don't stand up anymore and do the right thing! Too many are just doing Just what it takes to get by and then scratch their head when they are out of business!

Okay, they are refusing to honor the warranty on the brand new fuel PUMP! They now after a month and a half are telling me "You have too many accessories on your Ranger"! "We called Polaris and they said we didn't have to warrant the FUEL pump because I had too many!"

Now I told him I have an Isolator and a full sized jell battery as a second battery with an Isolator and that ALL the "Accessories" are connected to the second battery! Beside it died in the daytime with nothing but the radio! Also what does the system having low voltage got to do with the FUEL pump? If it was low it would be under-pressured until the voltage came back up and in no way would burn the pump out!

In addition he now says that "The second pump was my fault because I installed the tank and didn't look inside for the receipt" so "They have bent over backwards to help me"!

Gary the service manager said "They used another vehicle VIN to order the new pump under warranty"! My answer so it is okay to defraud Polaris than to stand up and do the right thing to correct YOUR mistake?

These guys have gone out of their way to screw me and not put out a dime or do the right thing!

I will be suing these slim bags soon! I will take it to NCY have it fixed right pay for it and sue them to get my money back!

Joe there new manager is not worth whatever they are paying him as I will post this as many places as possible and tell or ask everyone to boycott them! Even there own parts department said "That's not right" so maybe I will subpoena their own parts guys to testify!

I am so mad I could scream! After what they have done to Cisco and Myself I hope they go out of business as they are unethical!!!!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
It seems like they did something wrong and that ruined the fuel pump. Really sucks.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

you have got to admit that polaris quality isn't soo tested and tried......they rush **** out the door and then throw dealer installed upgrades at the underengineered product for the next few years.........thats just the way they are and seem to keep going.....fit and finish and engineering is kinda not upto par....but kudo's to them for making the xp900,but it still has all kinds of dealer upgrades installed everytime u take it in for service....kinda lame...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
wow that sucks........
did you know you can get a replacment pump for the fi ranger thru airtex.......
they run about $65.00........

·
Registered
1 Posts
one thing though with electric fuel pumps its the flow of fuel that keeps them cool and lubed low voltage or even low amperage will cook one i have been in the automotive and motorsports industry for the better part of fifteen years and have had this problem arise a few times BUT ...they still should have taken care of u small places like that cant survive on a one time customer yep bad move sorry to hear the mess hope you get it handled

1 - 8 of 8 Posts