Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the BRP dual battery kit. Works get. When the isolator connects the batteries is it normal to get real hot?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
No, I would not think so. I hope that you don't have one of the batteries backward or some such thing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything appears to be functioning properly. I have a voltmeter for each battery. When the main battery is charging at 14.4 volts the isolator kicks in and the auxiliary battery charge jumps to 14+ volts also. When I run the main battery down the isolator disconnects the batteries. It's a pretty slick set up. I noticed that the isolator was hot after riding for a while and shutting the Rhino off. The isolator keeps the batteries connected when the Rhino is turned off until the main battery reaches about 12 volts.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Perhaps it is just heat from the actuating coil. It should switch on at just a little over 13 volts or so. It should be a little warm, but not too hot to hold on to. It might be worth giving BRP a call to verify if it is real hot.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I going to see how hot it really gets. The reason I noticed it is because it had a hot smell to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts