Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Desert Works Fabrication doors...

12K views 45 replies 25 participants last post by  felix55 
#1 ·
Scott just delivered my Rhino to my house... Yes, its 11:00pm and he just left. That guy kicks ass!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
cool, that's what i thought. it's a pull pin. everyone was saying it had a latching system on it. that's not a latching system. but it totally looks like it works. The only thing is i would be worried about losing those pins.

Deuce,
how's the hinge look? And what seats do you have?

thanks

#3 ·
Hinge works great so far... I havent taken it anywhere yet but they seem SUPER strong!!!

The seats are PRP seats and they arent mine... when Scott delivered the Rhino it had those seats on there. I need to return them to Scott and get my stockers back... :guilty:

#16 ·
HAHAH you didn't even get it! the 07's look better with that filler piece. I didn't like them with that gap! they need a cross brace in them one tip over and you will bend the snot out of the frame work but what do I know
How are your doors selling? I like your's but I wish you would make the V crossbrace more center in the door and do something about the big bracket at the back.

#11 · (Edited)
I have no idea sir... Maybe next time you go out to Glamis I can meet you out there and you can help me out.

Here is a pic from the front...

#14 · (Edited)
i would say its low.. look at this pic:

See how the a-arms are angled down, and yours are pretty much flat on the upper?

Are you having any bottoming issues?? Does it ride really soft??

You want the rear to have about 1/4" lower rear ride height than the front. I think you should be around about 12" of ground clearance from the bottom of the chassis to the ground.

Just a thought.. try it out, you might like it better. You can adjust the pre-load on the coils with the supplied tool they give you. Jack the car up to take the weight off the springs, and loosen the set screw with the allen wrench on the coil adjuster, and spin it down. You can spray some break cleaner on the nut to clean off all the threads before you adjust them. If there is dirt or sand on the threads, it will be a pain in the ass to turn.

Greg

#15 ·
Greg,

I have a little bit more ride height in the front than Duece but nothing like your blue car. I haven't bottomed my front suspension. I like to keep it soft and use the travel.

The rear sag on mine looks more like your front picture. I will soft bottom the rear hitting G outs.

#17 ·
What's up with you guy's, are Senior Citizens. Why do you want doors that open.I bet you end up climbing over them more than you will be opening them because that pin going to be a pain with time. Maybe I will cut the sides off my Extreme sand car and put doors on it too.........

#41 ·
welllet me tell you why doors are cool buddy.
once your leg falls out of the cart and the roll cage chrushes you ankle, (like it did with me) you will fully understand the concept of doors, nets, 1/2 door ect. I will post some pics of what this looks like. Man does it hurt like HELL!!!
By the way i think the doors look sweat....

#18 ·
I guess to each his own my man, I wanted doors because my Fiance and Mother wanted to feel safer but didnt want to be jumping in and out. These are perfect for that.

On a side note they really help when you are trying to work on something inside. They fling open and you have full acccess. If it was welded in it would make it hard to get in there.

#23 ·
Can the '07 version with the filler be made work with an '05? Can I just drill and thread holes for the mounts of the '07 doors? I really like the look with the filler.

#35 ·
Sorry for you getting the machine.... Try again if you dont mind and we will be here to take the call.

We do not have any of Scotts doors in stock and I am not sure of the lead time on them....

We are however currently in the development stage of building our own opening door that will be different from the Desertworks door.

Scott makes a great product, ours will NOT be a copy of his design.

We are hoping to debut the first set of prototype doors at the Expo.

#36 ·
When you guys run full doors like that how is the heat? I would think if it is 90 degrees out and your riding all day how does the engine heat effect the cab temp? Please let us know so we can spend some more money on these things. Almost forgot, what is the door skin made of aluminium/ fiberglass and how much are replacements?

Thank you for your time!

#37 ·
I haven't noticed any difference in heat with the full doors on. I don't see it being much of a problem. Maybe if you were sitting and idling for a while...but never while driving. The desertworks fab doors are skinned in aluminum and finished with a faux leather lining on the inside. I am not sure how much replacements are.

#39 ·
Thanks for the response. Your rhino looks bad as hell, I really like your roof. What is it made out of steel, alumium or plastic? I am very picky about what I spend my money on, as I hate crappy things. That is the reason why I am a member of this forum is because it seems like every question I have someone has already posted it or I post it and it gets answered in great detail. Keep up the great work everyone. Please let me know about the roof Misterkidd.

#45 ·
I think the pro one style dooors are cool and more covenient but after looking at them up close I would much rather have the DW Doors if I waded at 40+ mph. Not that the auto style latch would fail bt I would trust the strenth of the pins a little more.

Hard to go wrong with either:):alcoholic:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.