Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Rhino here in Michigan. 2007 660 special. Reading on this awesome forum I have found there are free "recalls" that I need to have done. I planned on removing the sway bar myself but I want the spacers, doors and passenger handhold. I called my local dealer and spoke with two service people who are telling me that its not going to be free. I told them I would print the info and bring it in and got an ass of a "FINE!" response followed by a slam of the phone. I understand they dont make money on these additions but come on! My question is what do I do? Hopefully someone has had this problem. I know there were issues in the beginning but there shouldn't be any more. Any help? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You should be able to contact Yamaha customer service through the yamaha corp website...

They can verify for you whether or not your VIN has ever gotten those things...and if you are still eligible...and if they are free or not...

You can also contact various authorized Yamaha dealerships to see what answers you get from them...

The dealership probably does get the parts for the recalls from the factory for free and probably does get paid something for installing them...if in fact they are free to the consumer...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
One thing is for sure...

I would NOT let them have my sway bar... rather get my own spacers first...

And if your passenger needs something to hold onto may I suggest our grab bar...

Not free...but way better IMO... :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
one thing is for sure...

I would not let them have my sway bar... Rather get my own spacers first...

And if your passenger needs something to hold onto may i suggest our grab bar...

Not free...but way better imo... :)
x2.
I seen ruttings grab bar on dbestduners rhino it is nice and looks to be way safer.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My dealer read me the riot act and told me that they would charge me to remove any stock accessories (leg bars, etc...). They also wanted a credit card to charge me for the doors if I never showed up for installation. It's funny because I have bought motorcycles from them before but not anymore. BTW my dealer was Parker Yamaha in Parker, Az.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Call Yamaha customer service. They will take care of you as well as that dealer with what the lawsuites have cost them to date.

·
Registered
252 Posts
1. Find a different dealer.
2. File a complaint against this dealer for failing to comply with recalls
3. Get the doors installed, they're great especially when driving in mud and water, even though they're like 1/2 doors you'd be amazed what they keep out. Not to mention helps keep your legs and feet inside the rhino and also keeps your legs from being hit by trail hazards such as tree limbs and brush.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
One thing is for sure...

I would NOT let them have my sway bar... rather get my own spacers first...

And if your passenger needs something to hold onto may I suggest our grab bar...

Not free...but way better IMO... :)
One of the local dealers here would not let you have your bar...they cut them in half!!! The one that done mine let me keep my bar, and my wheel studs. I also got a $100 voucher towards the purchase of a helmet(s) !!!

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

the dealers invoice corporate yamaha and they file a claim and they do get paid for doing the installs and recall work, don't let them lie to ya.......any rhino out there is eligible to get it done, if the local dealer gives u any chit at all call corporate and they will get a good ass reeming, Yamaha wants them all to have the work done and the parts installed, and if the doors get lost or broken, yamaha will step up also.....your dealer is stroking you....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did get the doors, handhold and sway bar removed. They gave me the swaybar back too. I had to call corporate to get it done. They put me on hold and called the dealer while I waited. The dealer still owes me a helmet though. They are supposed to find a safety movie I need to to watch to get the helmet. Dealer said he would find it and that was 5 months ago. I guess I should get back up their ass on that one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.