Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched about every vendor here and cant find what im looking for. does anyone know where i can get a dash plate that I can mount 3 to 4 switches on. with out cup holders One will have to be for my winch . the other too will be for lights and from my spray rig

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just made one from some scrap at work and painted it with textured black paint. Now I just need some stuff so I can put some switches on it.......lol

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
UTV Inc. makes some nice switch panels for the rhino. They're a vendor on here.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i used that plate from the center of dash, drilled some holes in it for the switches and made a 1'' deep wooden frame for it, screwed the plate to wood then wood to dash area. drill 1 hole for all your wires thru the dash then silicone it, and then no mud or water will touch you electicals at all

·
Registered
356 Posts
here a pix of what im trying to say.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought one from UTV and drilled my own holes in it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to attempt to build my own. It cant be to hard. I think I have a old road sign or some aluminum left over from a airboat project.

·
Registered
356 Posts
it wont be hard at all, some times building somthing yourself is funner and really makes your rhino"your rhino" ye know

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was going to make my own aluminum panel, but I needed 3 round holes for gauges and 3 rectangular holes for rocker switches, and I figured by the time I factored in my time to get it EXACTLY right, it was cheaper and easier to buy a plate from UTV Inc for $18. Luckily I was already buying something else from them, so there was no additional shipping.

However, if all you want to mount are a few toggle switches, then just make your own plate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got around to making my panel,been busy with my newborn baby girl. . I think it turned out good. I mounted my winch, and two toggle switches. One for my deer feeder-seed spreader and a extra switch for a back light. I will post some pics later after I get them off my phone.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I built mine directly into the existing control area using the BRP sealed switches.

I'll be putting a Rugged Radio in the dangers/precautions panel area.

Top-to-bottom, L-R turn switch, PIAAs and horn (bought separately) all on switched-hot.

Right side; Dome, whip and spare all on constant hot.

I added the BRP spare battery unit and the build is on a separate post in "How to".

It's almost done. Just a few more clean-ups.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cool set up X Racer!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I built mine directly into the existing control area using the BRP sealed switches.

I'll be putting a Rugged Radio in the dangers/precautions panel area.

Top-to-bottom, L-R turn switch, PIAAs and horn (bought separately) all on switched-hot.

Right side; Dome, whip and spare all on constant hot.

I added the BRP spare battery unit and the build is on a separate post in "How to".

It's almost done. Just a few more clean-ups.
I like that setup. That's way cool. I would like to do this too. Real clean. I was wanting to put a cb and radio in the dash area. This would allow me to do that and still have the room i need. Do you have a website for this setup?

·
Registered
319 Posts
No... It's self-designed and implemented.

I can walk you through the process though.

- RObert

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm also in the process of making a one-off panel for gauges and a few switches. I'll post some pictures when I get it in. It's going to be a black anodized aluminum plate with some custom engraving. Excited to see how it turns out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts