Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I was pulling a plow with my Rhino and hit a stump. Rhino popped up in the air and I almost went flying out of it. Anyway, I damaged the rear hitch receiver. It looks like the receiver is part of the frame and not replaceable. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what did you do to repair it? I am thinking of heating it up and trying to hammer it back into form. Would like opinions on that option as well.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
116 Posts
you should post pics of the receiver , to get a idea of how to put it back in line ,

you should have a receiver that will pivet up and down ,, very simple to mod , can use 1/2 x2 flat straps and 1/2 inch bolts to make the mount ,, and it will take out the stress of the impact if you use the rhino to plow with . are you using a single bottom ??

Jake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! Here is a picture of the damage. I looked to see if it can be replaced but it is part of the frame.

IMG_2141.jpg

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think a talented person with a torch could make that useable again. Like heat it up enough to where you can jam your insert back into the receiver then heat & beat the receiver back into a reasonable shape and maybe put in a gusset or two to reinforce everything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
show me another picture of the whole receiver area , all the way to the outside frame tubes . are they bent ?? aswell .. i would put you ball receiver back into the slot , if it doesnt slide in then use a hammer and drive it all the way back in , make sure the bolt hole lines up use either a 1/2 inch grade 8 bolt or 5/8 bolt and a impact and or a cheater bar and get the reciver back to 2 inches square . then take 1/4 to 1/2 inch plate steel top and bottom drill through and use 1/2 inch / 5/8 bolts and draw the receiver back together top and bottom and leave the plate steel on as reciver reinforcment to strenghten that receiver area ,, but if you plan on pulling a plow make a receiver that will pivet . if you were close i could do this job in about 1 1.5 hrs . ive seen a hell of alot worst than this !!!
Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts