Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll see if anyone is kind enough to reply back to this Kawi teryx question. My dad about two weeks ago bought one(I advised against it). After he seen my rhino, a utv he had to have. Its a 09 750 fi, 4500 miles. Runs great, smooth, lots of power. He is showing the power off to my uncle and romps it to the floor, about three seconds into it gray smoke is coming from under the center console and streaming from the exhaust, when this starts he of course backs it off. I mean its fill the sky worth of smoke. The entire time he notices no power loss and the machine never stops running smoothly. It eventually clears and stops smoking, he shuts it off and notices wet oil just inside the exhaust tip. He checks the oil and its .25 to .50 quart low, that gives you an idea of the amount of smoke. Starts and runs it the rest of the day, perfect running, smooth, and no smoke. Is there some sort of oil overflow into the exhaust if you overfill? Could it have been a ring failing? Anything anyone could tell me would be a great help. Thanks to all who reply!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll see if anyone is kind enough to reply back to this Kawi teryx question. My dad about two weeks ago bought one(I advised against it). After he seen my rhino, a utv he had to have. Its a 09 750 fi, 4500 miles. Runs great, smooth, lots of power. He is showing the power off to my uncle and romps it to the floor, about three seconds into it gray smoke is coming from under the center console and streaming from the exhaust, when this starts he of course backs it off. I mean its fill the sky worth of smoke. The entire time he notices no power loss and the machine never stops running smoothly. It eventually clears and stops smoking, he shuts it off and notices wet oil just inside the exhaust tip. He checks the oil and its .25 to .50 quart low, that gives you an idea of the amount of smoke. Starts and runs it the rest of the day, perfect running, smooth, and no smoke. Is there some sort of oil overflow into the exhaust if you overfill? Could it have been a ring failing? Anything anyone could tell me would be a great help. Thanks to all who reply!
it may have a crank case breather that goes into the air box, if there was to much oil and the motor has alot of blow by, im sure it could suck some oil.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
it may have a crank case breather that goes into the air box, if there was to much oil and the motor has alot of blow by, im sure it could suck some oil.
exactly. if he was riding it hard the oil pressure builds and pushed into the airbox. I'm sure he just sucked some through.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
A problem Kawis are know to have when running at high rpm's. It will blow oil through vent lines into intake. Todd over at Hunterworks has a cure for this.

·
Registered
460 Posts
They are correct.It builds excessive presure when romping it.My buddy has a aluminum overfill box with a return line back into the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts