1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Site Founder
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I got mine at Kartek, but I know PCI has them too. Buy from somewhere local, where they know how to adjust them for you. Its sorta a pain to get them setup right, especially if you dont know what your doing, and you have a race in 5 minutes... :)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
unfortunately the D-cells are almost the same price everywhere. I never really liked how it didn't work myself. I like the donut better, I think the R3 would be great but very Pricey.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i wore a doughnut when i landed on my front bumper and flipped ass over tea kettle then landed on my tires. i had bad whiplash for 1.5 weeks. i could not move my neck at all. friggin hurt.

then i bought the D-Cell. yes it is a pita to wear and you cannot turn your neck to see whats going on next to you.

i remember looking at a site that was rent to own on these but dont remember what it was. i believe they were in the Washington state.

·
Site Founder
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wore a doughnut when i landed on my front bumper and flipped ass over tea kettle then landed on my tires. i had bad whiplash for 1.5 weeks. i could not move my neck at all. friggin hurt.
Yeah, I put my Rhino on it's lid Saturday and I'm in pretty bad pain. I think it's whiplash. Not sure......

Let me know if you remember the rto place......

I would also be interested in a used unit......... Are they like harness' where they're only good for a few years and have to be replaced?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
You have to have atleast the D-cell for LOORRS. Its the cheapest of whats allowable. As long as its adjusted right, it works wonders for safety. Also, you have to modify your helmet for the attachment cables. Best to have a pro do that.

If I had to do it again, (I had to buy something last minute to race LOORRS, and couldnt find what I wanted in my size), I would get the R3 Rage for $200 more.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Can you wear a donut in Loors Rog?
not by itsself.

the side to side was good support, but the front to back sucked, and was setup by the guys who sell them with me to make sure it was adjusted correctly.

yes they expire. just like seat belts do for short course, prob offroad racing also.

did you mess your rhino up Brian??

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Brian - I wear a D-Cell, and I think it's a good, proven safety system that won't cost you a billion dollars. I have seen some horrific truck wrecks, and the driver's got out and were just fine from wearing their D-cels....

It's a good system in that it doesn't rely on your harnesses to hold the restraint in place. Also, when adjusted properly, it WILL protect your head, side to side and back to front. I have tested mine a few times (not on purpose, of course), and as I was rolling around in the cockpit, I actually FELT it working. But it HAS to be adjusted properly to work the best......

Whiplash, especially bad whiplash, REALLY sucks. I go to a chirpractor now every couple of weeks to deal with the whiplash I have gotten in races in the past......hope you feel better!

What will you be racing in LOORRS? You will love that series - VERY professional - it's the top of the line for short course racing!!! :)

·
Site Founder
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you wear a donut in Loors Rog?
not by itsself.

the side to side was good support, but the front to back sucked, and was setup by the guys who sell them with me to make sure it was adjusted correctly.

yes they expire. just like seat belts do for short course, prob offroad racing also.

did you mess your rhino up Brian??

Thanks for the info man. Rhino isnt bad. It was a roll on concrete so I could use some sand paper and some paint, but otherwise just fine. Rolled it over, and drove her home......

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Site Founder
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian - I wear a D-Cell, and I think it's a good, proven safety system that won't cost you a billion dollars. I have seen some horrific truck wrecks, and the driver's got out and were just fine from wearing their D-cels....

It's a good system in that it doesn't rely on your harnesses to hold the restraint in place. Also, when adjusted properly, it WILL protect your head, side to side and back to front. I have tested mine a few times (not on purpose, of course), and as I was rolling around in the cockpit, I actually FELT it working. But it HAS to be adjusted properly to work the best......

Whiplash, especially bad whiplash, REALLY sucks. I go to a chirpractor now every couple of weeks to deal with the whiplash I have gotten in races in the past......hope you feel better!

What will you be racing in LOORRS? You will love that series - VERY professional - it's the top of the line for short course racing!!! :)
Good info Corry! Looks like a D-Cell for me and co-driver for sure!

Whiplash sucks for sure. Don't think I've ever had it until now. I felt fine after the crash, but the next morning I could barely get my head off the pillow and it still hurts bad days later.......

I'm not going to race LOORS until the day someone sponsors an open "run what you brung" class. Todd mentioned to me that he would like to see it happen, and Cory S seems to be interested as well! I'm going to race the whole whiplash season this year instead. It's going to be a blast!

You guys have fun out there and be safe! I'll be watching from the sidelines!

Where did you guys buy your D-Cells?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I bought mine from Racer Offroad before they closed.....but I believe you can buy one from Doug Jansen at Parker Pumper - he is the one who helped me get mine all adjusted properly last season......

Also, try posting on www.race-dezert.com - see if anyone has a used one they are selling? I think PCI sells them as well.....

Sounds good! Might see you at a couple of Whiplash races, then! :)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Hey Brian, Try John Murray with Mobile Radio Communications. He is a racer (Trophy Lite) and gives good deals and excellent support. Also, a great guy!They come with all the installation instructions and are easy to setup. Just remember after fitting it you need to sit in your seat and fine tune the adjustments. Tell him you have the site here as well.

·
Site Founder
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts