Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have removed the 17 allen head bolts and the left side piece (not sure what it is....it has an oil bolt on it). I can not budge this thing with a rubber mallet. Tried loosening and no luck. Any hints or suggestions? I didn't think that 3bond gasket material would weld on like that!!

I don't want to pry with a screwdriver as i know that will be a disaster.

I read somewhere else a guy suggested trying to start it and the compression would pop it off. My head gasket is blown, so I doubt I have any compression.

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you're 100% SURE you removed all the bolts (including the two under the intake tappet cover), I would suggest rotating the engine via the bolt on the passenger side. It's not the compression that will 'pop' it off - it's the cam lobes trying to compress the valve springs.

It SHOULD pop right off... make triple sure all bolts are off first!!!

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

sure u got all the bolts out? how about the two under the intake valve cover?....it will come off, be carefull where u pry it from....more muscle required..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had all the bolts off. good advice on the under-valve tappet 2, because those are easy to miss.

I was hitting it with a rubber mallet, so i got my 12 lb sledge hammer..:eek5::eek2:

j/k on sledge. I got a block of wood and strategically placed it under a couple of spots and up-whacked, and it came off.

cylinder is off now. and the fun begins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts