Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive asked a couple questions about cylinders on here but havent got any answers back yet ,,so thought id do some research and this is what ive found,,, some of the cylinders have sleeves,,apparently some of the sleeves are not seated,, so some sleeves slide down about 5thou,, then gasket blows,,coolant leak,,, you replace head gasket,, blows again,, so what ive found you have to get machine shop to check if sleeve is seated all the way then machine face down to match sleeve height and also surface head ,,good grade copper coated gasket and should work,, at leastthats what im finding ,, just some fyi reading for ya,,, what say you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve done sleeving. After heating the aluminum cylinder to expand it enough to get the sleeve in it pops up a little as it cools. There is a flange on the sleeve. I would face off the cylinder recess for the flange making sure it was a few thousandths shallow so after the cylinder cooled and I put it in a press to seat it.

That gave me a few thousands to face off to make it flat.
I’m guessing this process was skipped or something went wrong during manufacturing with cylinders having head leaks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts