Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have seen them advertised for $2500 in the lower 48 to $3,500 in Alaska. I spoke to one Rhino owner who had one. After the initial install, he enjoys the many combinations it affords him by just quickly removing panels. He also really liked the flip out windshield. The first part of October I will be going to the Yamaha dealer to look at them.

Muddy, have you see them? If so, what did you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the cab for about 2 months. I bought it from our local Yamaha dealer where I've bought 2 Rhinos and it was the first one they sold. I think I got a pretty good buy because of that. I paid $2785 otd. I think there has been a factory price increase since mine was ordered.

It came in one huge box/crate 6' X 6' X 14" thick. I hauled it home in my enclosed trailer strapped to the wall because it wasn't suppose to lay down. It wasn't a bad job but uncrating it and installing it took about 6 hours. It was almost as much work to uncrate it as it was to install it, lol.

So far I really like the plastic material, it looks good and I think it's going to be durable. There is more metal than I thought by pictures in the video. The doors are metal framed. It takes a little bit to get it adjusted right but nothing bad. Once adjusted properly the doors shut like a car door. No rattles.

The windshield has two vent settings, one about 3/4" and the other about 3" and of course all the way open. I usually ride with it vented especially if the top of the doors are on. You get a real circulating breeze effect with the curved back windshield in the vent settings. The wind doesn't blast your face. It's really nice! The top of doors or the whole door comes off really easy. The windows are really nice to see out of. There were a few imperfections in the side and back window, less in the front but when you're inside looking out it's the clearest UTV window I've looked through without it being real glass. The company recommends glass cleaner to clean them which surprised us.

With the complete cab installed and especially running at higher speeds earplugs are a must in our opinion. I also added dust shields for under the seat from Rhino Gear cab systems and I sealed the factory door latch hole with some rubber to help with noise and dust.

Overall my wife and I really like our cab and we're looking forward to riding this winter. I think the engine will put out enough heat to keep us warm in our mild winter.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My inlaws have one on their ranger. They love it. I have ridden it alot too and it is nice. the windows in the doors unzip or the entire door comes right off. The windshield is actual safety glass not plexi glass and it wont scratch. It flips open at the bottom and lets in a nice breeze. It is pricey for the entire cab but it is a quality cab. Only down fall I can think of is its heavy... In the rain you stay nice and dry and they offer windshield wipers so you can virtually ride in any weather in a t shirt and jeans...

·
Registered
589 Posts
they look like a very well put together cab
i would really enjoy one and then a plow....watch out snow!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got my Curtis cab for my Rhino yesterday. It took me a month to get it, why, not sure other than Curtis was slow shipping it. Cost was 2950.00 + tax out the door. Will start installing it tonight.

Kurt

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Just got my Curtis cab for my Rhino yesterday. It took me a month to get it, why, not sure other than Curtis was slow shipping it. Cost was 2950.00 + tax out the door. Will start installing it tonight.

Kurt
Let us know how the install went and what you think of the cab.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
might try wide oper performance rhino gear very nice products i love my cab and doors

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought mine last year before winter. I realy like the cab i think i payed around 2800 bucks. Alot of money but the worth it i also like the fact that it is not real heavy like the rhinogear cab is i also put a heater in it i can ride all day in the winter with geans and a sweat shirt

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
ya one draw back the rhinogearcab is heavy no plastic whatsoever . fiberglass and metal shouldnt warp or ever wear out though. prob lost some top speed though i can only hit 56 now going down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the cab for about 2 months. I bought it from our local Yamaha dealer where I've bought 2 Rhinos and it was the first one they sold. I think I got a pretty good buy because of that. I paid $2785 otd. I think there has been a factory price increase since mine was ordered.

It came in one huge box/crate 6' X 6' X 14" thick. I hauled it home in my enclosed trailer strapped to the wall because it wasn't suppose to lay down. It wasn't a bad job but uncrating it and installing it took about 6 hours. It was almost as much work to uncrate it as it was to install it, lol.

So far I really like the plastic material, it looks good and I think it's going to be durable. There is more metal than I thought by pictures in the video. The doors are metal framed. It takes a little bit to get it adjusted right but nothing bad. Once adjusted properly the doors shut like a car door. No rattles.

The windshield has two vent settings, one about 3/4" and the other about 3" and of course all the way open. I usually ride with it vented especially if the top of the doors are on. You get a real circulating breeze effect with the curved back windshield in the vent settings. The wind doesn't blast your face. It's really nice! The top of doors or the whole door comes off really easy. The windows are really nice to see out of. There were a few imperfections in the side and back window, less in the front but when you're inside looking out it's the clearest UTV window I've looked through without it being real glass. The company recommends glass cleaner to clean them which surprised us.

With the complete cab installed and especially running at higher speeds earplugs are a must in our opinion. I also added dust shields for under the seat from Rhino Gear cab systems and I sealed the factory door latch hole with some rubber to help with noise and dust.

Overall my wife and I really like our cab and we're looking forward to riding this winter. I think the engine will put out enough heat to keep us warm in our mild winter.
Would yiu be interested in selling the doors for enclosure kit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts