Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Crazy question...how to run up hrs/miles without driving??!!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Dirtdogg 
#1 ·
I know, sounds like a stupid question right? And of course a search on the topic showed zero results. But here's the deal, I'm getting ready to sell my Rhino in a couple months and had to replace the digital display last year. The display currently reads 240 miles/ 23 hrs, but in real life it has around 1500 miles/150 hrs. Originally when I bought the Rhino in 2011, it had around 1000 miles/100 hrs. My AZ title has the miles listed as 1000 at the time of transfer. I would like to run the miles up on the display to read around 1500 to avoid any confusion and explanation to the new owners. I know if I went to buy a used UTV with a mileage discrepancy , I would be really skeptical of what the real story is behind the rig! So my question, is there a way to run it up without actually driving it? How do miles and hrs resister into the display? thanks for any input

#7 ·
I believe if you leave the key on it will log hours. I respect your honor but if you have got to run it to log the hour/miles correctly they are not accurate cause you have had to double some to get it reading that way. Show a bill of sale on the instrument cluster to prospective buyer and give them the old cluster- just a thought.

#9 ·
Yea that is what I'm leaning towards. Just be up front and tell them the situation. I've got a full maintenance log book on everything I've ever done so maybe that will help out. I really don't want to deal with the DMV on any type of odometer change, I looked into that and sounds like a pita!

#10 ·
My Arizona title doesn't even show mileage. When I bought it, used, it had an AZ title. When I registered it, just a couple of weeks ago, I asked the MVD clerk if she needed the mileage. She said no. It's registered for on and off road. I found it odd that there is no mileage on it, so maybe it is not that big of a deal in AZ.

That said I really think trying to run up the mileage by running it is a bad idea. Just explain the situation. If you were buying it would you want someone letting your Rhino run for who-knows-how-long for no other reason than to get the mileage up? I wouldn't. It is only putting more wear and tear on the engine.

Mike

#11 ·
Thanks Mike, yea my title shows the milage, I thought that is kinda weird, but my Rhino is titled as a "special construction ". The guy I bought it from bought a frame from the dealership and built the Rhino from a new one his racing buddy bought and stripped. It has a VIN # and all is legit, but maybe that's why it shows the milage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.