Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting a new 686bbk on my 06 and have to remove the fan to get it to tdc. Do the rhinos even need them? Can I remove everything like the fan, cover, and tube? Its a pian in the @$$ to even remove the cover. Why does it even have it on there?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Alot of people remove there fans and hardware. I thought the reasoning behind having it was to help cool down the engine compartment. We'll see what others say.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

it blows on the exaust if your duning in Hell to keep it cooler, throw it in the trash, I have owned 9 rhinos and I take them off of each one, you won't have any problems in so doing.....I pull the duck off that has the elbow to the clutch on the front of the engine, we don't cross rivers so its not a problem either, opens up the engine compartment and takes away some rattles too............

·
Registered
201 Posts
DOH!! I just ordered a new one cuz my old one is chipped up and missing a couple of blades. I thought a fan could only be good to help a bit with cooling, especially when you have big bore & overheating issues.

I've never removed mine to find TDC. I just use a pocket flashlight to shine in the hole to find the mark. i think that's why Yammy manual says to remove it; so you can see flywheel mark a bit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts