Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 686 and want it to be reliable and know I need to send the crank off to have a Carillo Rod installed and have it keyed, welded and trued.

Who should I send it to what will it cost ?? Who ever I send it to I will purchase the rod from them.

Also need to send the Factory cylinder to be bored also and cost for this.

Is there anything else I need to do to the crank for reability while doing the other mods??

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I have had three done at Crankworks in Tempe, AZ they have been doing crankshafts for m/c atv utv racing for over 20 years...

They will want to sell you their pro-rod that they make...

I have had both...Carrillo and Pro Rod...can't say anything bad about the Pro-Rod at all...

However, the Carrillo has proven itself to me under the worst case scenario... broken piston at 65mph...

They are not the only ones in the game tho... Falicon has an excellent reputation as well...the make a Rod a lot of people like a lot...you could send your crank to them I believe...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just got mine back from Crankworks this past week...great guys to deal with and always easy to get ahold of even when they are busy! Definitely some top notch guys.

I went with their Pro Rod kit.

·
Registered
581 Posts
We do them in house and are a CP-Carillo distributor. 2 hours labor to rebuild it plus parts. That includes welding.... And a bore is 1 hr labor. I have pistons, rods, crank pins and bearings in stock.

Nate

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got mine back from Crankworks this past week...great guys to deal with and always easy to get ahold of even when they are busy! Definitely some top notch guys.

I went with their Pro Rod kit.
just sent you a PM

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
We have a brand new Genuine Yamaha crank with Carrillo rod installed and in stock if you need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts