Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm getting ready for snow here... almost feels like it now. I have a County Cycle plow for my 06 Rhino. It's 48" wide and I want a 60" I have the 15-001 braket and push tubes, I think. I also realize that the plow I have is very flimsy. I can "beef it up" and widen it. I have looked but don't know where and how much a 60" plow only would be? I'd need wear plates, too? Would the 60" fit my 48" push tubes? Has anyone figured how to trip the lever for the angle from inside the cab? Thanks, I'm looking for ideas! Artie

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Art. I bought the same size CC plow last year. I purchased the poly plow and pushtubes. and have not mounted it yet .. I would be interested in seeing your mount pics. I am thinking before I use it I would sell the 48" plow and get a 60 or 72 as well.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have seen somewhere on hear that someone was using a choke cable to pop the angle release then was pulling into the snow bank to angle.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
what about a 12v solenoid run by a momentary switch

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Expoman55, you could use a power door lock plunger, this would power in and out. There would be a issue with freezing? Could wrap it in an inner tube.
What I DON'T like about my mount is that if I hit something hard, it would buckle my frame just under my front suspension. I looked at a Swisher full frame mount and I want to run a 2"X2" box iron from my plow mount to rear of my machine and mount to the rear hitch. I want to also, widen my 4' plow into at least 5' or 5'6". My cutting edge is wore down to the plow, I'm thinking of using a cutting edge from a Meyers, that should stiffen up the flimsy Country Cycle plow? And add some wieght for scraping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts