Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do shops charge to get tires mounted in your area? I called a local place near by and they wanted $25-30 a tire to mount them on my new rims. Whats the deal, its cheaper to have 37" muds mounted and balanced than it is to have some little 26's mounted without balancing...?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
hahaha.....i do. i would be more afaid of them stealing the wheels,or having to run to the alamo(98 Kupd's radio station)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I haven't been able to find a very good deal on mounting either. Best deal I found was $10 bucks a tire.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i bought one of those tire changers from harbor freight and it works great. thats if you dont mind getting your hands dirty.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Can't you take these tires anywhere to get them mounted and unmounted... I mean cars used to have 14" wheels on them back in the day....about 97 or so..

When are we going to see a RHino with 28's????? :shock:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
already thought about putting 24's on a rhino and getting a friend to bagged it

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
I swap tires off of rhino rims all the freakin time. I do it myself on my next door neighbors tire machine. I have well wore out my welcome there, but he doesn't trip on me using it as long as I don't ask his workers for help, but it's become so easy that I'm pretty freakin good at it now! I don't see how people could charge more than $15 for swapping a complete set. $10 sounds even more reasonable for the ammount of time it takes. Just gotta be careful not to bend or crush rim with hydraulic pressure that clamps the light weight alloy wheels most people use. I did it to one the 1st time, then I started letting off a lil.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
mounting tires

wal mart mounted paddles on se rims for 10 bux for both and i told them i wanted the paddles to match up!!!! cycle places want 30 and up to do it
ooops now im gonna piss off cycle shop owners i can never win LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
SandBug, thanks for the idea of the tire changer at Harbor Freight, Just bought mine, they had it on sale for $39.00, works great and is easy to use.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Didn't know discount would do it for $5 a tire, but I always use Wally World. That is what they charge.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I used to work at a shop that had a policy if you bought the tire from us, we mounted it for free. I guess those days are over.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Well, a lot of people switch depending on sand or dirt, so people just need to buy more wheels and tires! I have some old wheels for sale. I will try to post up some pics soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SBR, yes the red one, just bought it. I changed 2 set of ties swapped them rim for rim in about 30 minutes and sisn't even have the changed bolted down.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SBR, yes the red one, just bought it. I changed 2 set of ties swapped them rim for rim in about 30 minutes and sisn't even have the changed bolted down.
does it scratch your wheels up. thats the only thing im worried about because my new wheels are powdercoated on the edge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.