Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rhintax threw this code yesterday while out riding and it shut down and wouldn't re start. Did a little research and checked the connections at the battery and they where tight battery is a new 925 Odyssey so charge should be good. I could pull a rely out and re insert it and it would try and turn over but wouldn't start. Anyone see or have this code come up on them?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What's the code by number? It might shed some more light on the subject. Also check the can am forums.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't give a number just scrolls across the gauge and says communication failure.

·
Registered
771 Posts
disconnect the battery test the voltage make sure its above 12 volts. unplug the ecu cables. hook everything back up after you know the battery is fully charged. i have had that happen before and i think i was due to a low battery.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i pmed and said the same things that when my battery gets low it goes into fail safe, he said he had pulled the relays and also checked the battery's.

·
Administrator
2,229 Posts
Will have to research the service CD, but am thinking that you can extract the exact trouble code with the proper sequences of the light switch and something else....this ring a bell with anyone?.....let me know if you need that info and I will look it up......Lance

·
Registered
771 Posts
you set it to total hours and while holding the gauge mode button your turn to high beams on as fast as you can three times.....and i mean as fast as you can. the blue high beam light should come on each time. this will get you into pcode mode so you can read what ever codes it might have. it will be a 4 digit code. if you can pull a code post it on here and i will tell you what they mean.
however if the can bus is not comunicating to the ecu or the gauge then you will get nothing.
also check to make sure there is nothing wrong with the diagnostic plug down by the ecu. it has the can buss to it as well for buds.
the problem you have is telling you either the key, gauge or ecu is not communicating to one another. check all of those connections.

·
Administrator
2,229 Posts
It was beyond my memory banks...thanx livinlo....and I believe that CanAm has or is release a new version of Budds software ....just about every Commander owner is getting an error code sooner or later and it is suppose to help ...we had our first 2 weeks ago....

Don't know what the new version will do for our older 800s tho ....if anyone hears, please report up .....maybe more programmable RPM or torque maybe??

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I don't think it's a low battery... It tells you "low battery voltage"... had that happen. It's a connection as Stacey said... may not be able to see it right away. Could be a pin that wasn't inserted all the way into the connector, and has backed out with the vibration. Also, not that this has anything to do with it, but did you remove the diode circuit for the winch controls? I've heard that can do funny things if not removed... If all else take it to a dealer that can (willing to) hookup the laptop to read the code history. It's was great to have Jay (desertdog) close by... he was all about helping a rhintax brotha out.

·
Registered
771 Posts
he has one of my harness's so there is not winch circuit anymore. and his ecu has the latest updates from canam.
jam just give me a call i will walk you threw over the phone some things to look at.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts