Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to finally get some lt for my ol 06. I talked to jim @cognito and he seems like good people. I was wandering if there was anyone out there with one of their kits on to tell me how you like it. Also how long it has been on. It seems that they would have good customer service from talking to them, I would just like some real world feedback. thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm looking to finally get some lt for my ol 06. I talked to jim @cognito and he seems like good people. I was wandering if there was anyone out there with one of their kits on to tell me how you like it. Also how long it has been on. It seems that they would have good customer service from talking to them, I would just like some real world feedback. thanks.
The kit uses excellent, top quality shocks, and is at a very good price for what you get.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have the cognito kit and i run the crap out of it i race mine and it holds together great 0 issues ,this is not my first l/t kit trust me theres not a better kit out there, i just got a xp and my rhino with the cognito L/T W/ THE FOX BOC SHOCKS is a 1000 times smoother in the whoops and never bottoms out even on the big jumps.
And big jim will take great care of you after the sale.

Off-roading Off-road racing Vehicle Off-road vehicle Sand

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
My buddy Sal (trucknuts) here on the forum has there kit and says it a great kit. I have also heard great things about cognito and there product. Also got to briefly meet Bigg Jim at the SSSS and he is a cool cat.
If I was to get a new kit - it would be cognito hands down!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I talked to Jim and he seems like a great guy. Just in talking to him it seems like they would have good customer service. I'm just trying to decide wether I want their kit or a kit with king shocks. Two of my partners have LT and now have kings and say they like the kings WAAYY better than the other shocks they had. Decisions.....decisions!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Thanks for all the responses. I talked to Jim and he seems like a great guy. Just in talking to him it seems like they would have good customer service. I'm just trying to decide wether I want their kit or a kit with king shocks. Two of my partners have LT and now have kings and say they like the kings WAAYY better than the other shocks they had. Decisions.....decisions!
To be honest with you, the best rhino I have driven in had fox shock and that thing rode like a caddie over the whoops but it was on a different kit and dont want to hyjack this thread. Anyway - I believe it all comes down to the setup and valuing/tunning on your shocks! I pretty sure King dose customer shock tunning out in barstow and i think I saw fox once out in glamis. Good luck on your choice!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I run another kit but also with the BOC fox shocks. If you can come up with the funds for the cognito kit with the fox BOC shocks, do it. I checked out the cognito booth at the sand show and they had some killer looking gear. Before I bought my kit, i almost pulled the trigger on the cognito kit and every other suspension technician, from other companies, had nothing but good things to say about Jim. Trust me, one trip down sand highway on LT after running stock, and plastic surgery won't be able to take the smile off of your face.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've enjoyed my rhino stock for 5 years now and have been too cheap for long travel. A little rollover with the wife and daughter last weekend in glamis changed my mind on forking out the dough. Although this was my first rollover and no alcohol involved?!?! maybe that had something to do with it.:alcoholic:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've enjoyed my rhino stock for 5 years now and have been too cheap for long travel. A little rollover with the wife and daughter last weekend in glamis changed my mind on forking out the dough. Although this was my first rollover and no alcohol involved?!?! maybe that had something to do with it.:alcoholic:
Last weekend was interesting out there. Very soft, tons of razorbacks, you definitely had to be careful. Good thing I was on my new LT last weekend. Hopefully everyone's ok.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Hahaha the ending of your quote is funny. But glad to hear everyone involved in the rollover was okay. Rollovers are no joke and can get nasty! I have never rolled and hope to keep it that way! :fingersx:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh ya, very slow roll over and the right safety gear actually being used. The funny part was what my 2 1/2 year old daughter said. Daddy, the rhino did a summersault! too funny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts