Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one has installed an Airdam wet clutch? Was thinking about doing it but said that it hit hard and i do not want to tear up other drive train items.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Not familiar with the Airdam wet clutch for the Rhino...

You might want to check out JBS... Hot Rot Sheave...

It will give you lower gearing from a stop... better than stock acceleration... higher top speed... lower cruising rpms... w/o a wet clutch mod... smooth and much better than a stock sheave... easier on drive-train IMO...

I have experience with high-stall wet clutch springs and would not recommend them unless your application really calls for it... like serious mud-bogging...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might try the springs, and that's about all I use it for heavy mud, light trail riding. Most of the time barely off idle to mid throttle. The wet clutch and drum are gone just not sure about doing the bypass. Talked to Airdam and they just advised that it hits hard. No slipping wet clutch, belt will not slip. Just do not want to start tearing up the rest of the drive train.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Might try the springs, and that's about all I use it for heavy mud, light trail riding. Most of the time barely off idle to mid throttle. The wet clutch and drum are gone just not sure about doing the bypass. Talked to Airdam and they just advised that it hits hard. No slipping wet clutch, belt will not slip. Just do not want to start tearing up the rest of the drive train.

I think you misread what I meant...

I do NOT recommend the wet clutch stall springs for what you are talking about...it will wear out your clutch plates a lot faster, it will seriously increase the wear and tear on your drive train...it will increase the probability of broken axles... and you will HATE it on the trail...

I do highly recommend the HOT ROD SHEAVE...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.