Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of putting a snowmobile clutch on a rhino? and how much would it help?? I have a guy out in east mesa that did my motor work and he said he is coming out with this and its going to be adjustable and it will spin the wheels on pavement.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i am running it, and doing testing for PDM. He is the originator. I like it a lot so far. He is still working out some bugs and changing the shift points. At 1st it would rev really high, but he is changing the springs and weights to bring down the revs, and make it go faster. It was kinda like running in low range, but not quite as low. When he is ready to start selling them, they will be dialed. He has been working on them for over a year, and they are very close. My stock clutch would slip like crazy in the internal wet area. The housing was blue from slipping and heating up on the stocker. The stocker is only good for about 50hp or so.

If you plan on running more than 50 hp, they are a must have!

Greg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No im not sure on the horse power that i have i thinking around 42 at the rear wheels but not sure . will it help if your not running 50hp or is it justa waste of money? Greg when are you going to Gordans?

·
Registered
85 Posts
My rhino puts down 70hp to the rear wheels and I'm still running a stock style clutch and dont have any slippage issues.

The stock clutch will hold alot more than 50hp if reworked and setup right. If my motor is making 70hp to the rear tire then it is making alot more at the crank. And that was on a dyno that reads on the low side. A stock rhino only makes 15-17hp on the same dyno.

Just trying to say that the stock clutch will hold alot of HP. I think most people just gave up on it too fast and looked for other alternatives.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
wow.. 70 hp to the tires is awesome. Can you modify the stock inner wet clutch? I thought this was the weak spot? Mine was slipping big time inside. The bell housing turned blue from it slipping so much and making a lot of heat.

Can you change the internals of the wet clutch to hold more power??

That would be cool if so.

G-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts