Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some input guys. heres my setup,41 fcr,stock airbox(no lid) with clamp on filter,wiseco 11:1 , hotcams stage 1 raptorcam in a cleaned up head,dynatek cdi and a newly installed ron woods pipe with a supertrapp.Im running 16 gram overdrive weights in a modified sheeve similiar to a hot rod and stock secondary spring. should i go with lighter weights and different secondary spring with the pipe? with the stock exhaust and stock clutching it pulls pretty good.installed the pipe and it doesnt feel that great yet, i still need to fine tune the carb but i dont feel its that far off on being correctly jetted. maybe im wrong. i do have a A/F meter that i hopefully can get on this week and find ou t for sure. Am i going to feel significant gains with this exhaust or am i dreaming ?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
looking for some input guys. heres my setup,41 fcr,stock airbox(no lid) with clamp on filter,wiseco 11:1 , hotcams stage 1 raptorcam in a cleaned up head,dynatek cdi and a newly installed ron woods pipe with a supertrapp.Im running 16 gram overdrive weights in a modified sheeve similiar to a hot rod and stock secondary spring. should i go with lighter weights and different secondary spring with the pipe? with the stock exhaust and stock clutching it pulls pretty good.installed the pipe and it doesnt feel that great yet, i still need to fine tune the carb but i dont feel its that far off on being correctly jetted. maybe im wrong. i do have a A/F meter that i hopefully can get on this week and find ou t for sure. Am i going to feel significant gains with this exhaust or am i dreaming ?
If you were running those mods with a stock exhaust, then yes you should feel a gain in power with the new exhaust, once jetted correctly. Try a orange spring in the secondary, and maybe 14 gram OD weights.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Seat of the pants tune with stock exhaust felt very good. Pulled real nice. I'm hoping my tune with the Ron woods pipe is the issue.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
My Seat of the pants tune with stock exhaust felt very good. Pulled real nice. I'm hoping my tune with the Ron woods pipe is the issue.
Could be, the 700's with your mods and a pipe usually run best with 16 gram and a gold spring. Most 660 based rhinos tend to go a little lighter on the weights with a orange spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts