Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a rhino 660 2007 3300 miles or so... what if I dont replace the drum and just put a clutch in? I just dont wanna spend the $200 on the drum if not necessary...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
This is for a rhino 660 2007 3300 miles or so... what if I dont replace the drum and just put a clutch in? I just dont wanna spend the $200 on the drum if not necessary...

Kinda depends on how long you plan on keeping it. It will likely gidee-up and go okay but for how long?

·
Registered
442 Posts
If I dont replace it will it wear faster?

Given the degree of wear (from your pictures) I think you would be wise to just bite the bullet and replace it - if you don't it's all just a big crapshoot on how long it will last.

·
Registered
505 Posts
would not recommend reusing. The shoes will not initially fit and will wear more toward the outer edge at first to mate with drum and then will wear out sooner due to less thickness at that point. The drum can be egg-shaped and if you put it on a lathe to true it, it may then be out of balance. Clutch wear will be improved if you slug it and verify your type oil is wet clutch rated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts