Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read the other thread describing the "roaring" noise, this also is happening in neutral or gear give it gas it is fine, let of the gas or at a cruising speed and I get a roaring noise. My first thought was one-way bearing so I ordered a new one and replaced it but I am still getting the roaring noise...any thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After looking at it again does anyone think it could be the bearing in the clutch cage?
it's probably the slip yoke on the front driveshaft,mud and water get in behind that rubber sleave and the splines get rusty and creates slop,which in turn creates vibration!!!!
the noise is coming from the transmission and with make the noise in neautral when you give it the gas and let off when the sheave is slowing down is when you hear the noise

·
Registered
28 Posts
if it is doing it while your moving,neutral or not!!! than remove the front driveshaft and see if it's still doing it!!! my 700 did the same thing,when i removed the drive shaft it was like a new machine. all the rhino's have vibration's,most people just deal w/it,now there is one option and thats to take your driveshaft to a machine shop and get it balanced!!! i don't know of anyone doing this yet but it can't make it any worse!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
it is not doing it only while moving but also sitting still in neutral but giving it gas and let off when the sheave starts to slow down is when the noise is made, it does not have to be moving for the noise to happen so I dont think it is the driveshaft

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey im having the same problem with my rhino but it doesnt do it in neurtal. When you are going really fast there is no problems, but when i barley go and then slow down it makes the noise? Its not really a grinding noise its more of a slosh/grind Do you think could be going wrong in my sheave. When i took the cover off it looks brand new internally any help is appreciated. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts