Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm prolly gonna catch hell for even asking here, but I don't get the "Chino" treatment around here at home too much. Most of my friends are Rhino owners. I just bought something I could afford at the time, so I could have fun with them. With that being said...

I have a Big Muddy 500cc utv. It's made by Tomoto. Same as HiSun from all the forums I been reading? It apparently shares the same Clutch kit specifications as the Rhino 700cc. The same motor in fact, except for a smaller bore, and shorter stroke. I thought it shared the same motor as the Rhino 450cc, but apparently it does not. If I'm wrong on this, I apologize. I got the info. second hand, as many on here do.

Here's a little more info. before I ask my question...I upgraded my tire size from a 25" to a 26" on the stock 12" rims. It is an 09' so it's got the stock carb, not efi. The only other thing not stock is the K&N air filter. Now, with that being said...I would like to get a little more "grunt" out of this machine, and I need some advice. Everyone I've mentioned this to, keeps asking if I've upgraded the clutch kit? And ofcourse I have not, and cannot find an upgrade kit for the Chinese utv's anywhere. I figured as much anyways. So for all you motorheads out there....Can I get an upgrade clutch kit for the 09' Rhino 700cc, and apply it to the smaller 500cc motor configuration which uses the same stock clutch setup?

KillerMotorSports advertises a replacement clutch that can be used on the Rhino 700cc and all the Tomoto, HiSun, CfMoto 500cc clones. If this is true, wouldn't an upgrade kit work? I don't use it for mudding, but a bit more hole shot grunt and midrange power would be nice. Anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction would be appreciated?

·
Registered
65 Posts
08 tomoto700 rhino clone sheave upgrade

hello i live in wv and am wondering if you have a sheave for this tomoto scorpion 700 rhino clone is it the same as the rhino 700 sheave or a 660 sheave and how many parts have you ran into that dont fit these clones, such as heads etc. Thank you so much and hope to see ya soon on a sheave upgrade.

·
Registered
561 Posts
hello i live in wv and am wondering if you have a sheave for this tomoto scorpion 700 rhino clone is it the same as the rhino 700 sheave or a 660 sheave and how many parts have you ran into that dont fit these clones, such as heads etc. Thank you so much and hope to see ya soon on a sheave upgrade.

Post pics for James, then call him, he will help you out as much as he can.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its a 660 sheave I found out by following roo and his go. To a clone web site cause we are better than u comment. If you please post for me to help others who have clones. Rhinoclones.com and for the. Thread. I know the stator and retifier from a rhino fits and now th sheave. They. Say the parts are the same just not of as great of quality. A 700 rhino clone takes a 660 sheave. Thanks man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts