Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my rhino with it in neautral the primary clutch is automatically engaging as if I have my foot on the gas. Then if you try to put it in gear it lunges forward and dies. I took the primary off and checked all of the weights and slides they are intact and in the correct place. When you give it gas while in neautral the clutches and belts are moving correctly but when you let off of the gas the primary never disengages the belt is it still spinning as if my foot is still on the gas. It is a 2009 Rhino 700 with a EPI secondary spring, primary weights and springs.

·
Registered
615 Posts
When I start my rhino with it in neautral the primary clutch is automatically engaging as if I have my foot on the gas. Then if you try to put it in gear it lunges forward and dies. I took the primary off and checked all of the weights and slides they are intact and in the correct place. When you give it gas while in neautral the clutches and belts are moving correctly but when you let off of the gas the primary never disengages the belt is it still spinning as if my foot is still on the gas. It is a 2009 Rhino 700 with a EPI secondary spring, primary weights and springs.
Decrease your idle speed.................

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
That is the way it will behave if the one-way is in backwards. Has anyone been into the wet clutch recently?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the way it will behave if the one-way is in backwards. Has anyone been into the wet clutch recently?
not since the springs were changed out and it has been ridden since then

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is the outter support on? The clutch will rotate if this is not on or the bearing is bad. One of your wet clutch springs came off?

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so let me know if I am thinking correctly, if I grab the primary I shouldn't be able to spin it in both directions correct? That is the whole point of the one way bearing, the clutch is spinning both directions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the outter support on? The clutch will rotate if this is not on or the bearing is bad. One of your wet clutch springs came off?
Yes the outer support is on, no the wet clutch springs were swapped out when I put my clutch kit in. It came with stiffer springs and creates a stall for running larger tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts