Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK my buddy has an 06 660, it is a 4 seater and he is running 26 in BHs. He busted a belt on our ride on Saturday and decided to do his clutch at the same time. Our buddy that owns the shop usually uses Black Rhino clutches, but said he is not able to get them right now. Anyways anybody got any good advice on any other aftermarket clutches? Also what is the best complete set up for him, we ride mostly hard packed trails and rocks, drive up the mountain a ton, hardly ever go in the sand. Thanks for any advice. Chad

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
the best clutch set up right now is the JBS or hot rod sheave.

reason is...

it utilizes the OD weights which give you the top speed while also letting the camp plate sit all the way down allowing the belt to drop the lowest it can on the sheave so you have the best at both ends of the spectrum.

I am running one and it rocks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
dbest, is right they rock! Check the vendor's section JBS "Hot Rod Style"

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
they are 300$ for a new machined sheave and OD greaseless weights then u get 60$ core refund on yours.

Give james a call +1 (304) 673-2602

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question maybe someone can answer, if I was to put hot rods set up on my 09 700, would my rev limiter still hold me back to 41 mph? Or because on the top end I would be at lower rpms would I be able to go faster without other upgrades? Thanks all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, all I want is for it to run with my Teryx! 51-52 is about the limit on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hot Rod, you just sent out a kit for my buddy here in Cedar City, for his 660, once James up at Thunder Mtn. Sports gets it installed, I will drive his and probably order one too. fyi James has a bunch of rhino's in line for clutch kits so it may work out to be a good deal for you. Thanks for the info. Chad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts