Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clicking sound coming from the back end of my Rhino. I changed both axles thinking it was the CV joints. But the clicking is still there. It is worse when turning and sounds like it is on the right side. Is there anyone else that had this problem and what was the cause of it for you, and how did you fix it?
Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Could be the rear diff mount flexing while turning (known issue) and there's an aftermarket bracket to help stiffen it up. I'd first check your rear diff mounting bolts are torqued down to spec.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be the rear diff mount flexing while turning (known issue) and there's an aftermarket bracket to help stiffen it up. I'd first check your rear diff mounting bolts are torqued down to spec.
I did check the diff mounting bolts, they are tight. I didn’t think of the bracket flexing though. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interestingly enough I have the same thing happening right now that I am chasing down. I will check these out and update when with what I find as well

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Sucker is showroom clean. Or cleaner. Lol. I wish mine was that clean. And I just even blew all the dirt off and pressure washed it.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts