Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the obvious battery, (fully charged new battery) all I get is a clicking sound in the battery box. Rhino will start if you jump it, and runs great, but battery is brand new. What is that clicking and how do I fix???

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Make sure your connections are clean and tight all the way to the starter, then have someone hold the starter while you check the voltage. If it drops too much, bad battery. It also could be the relay, it would be the last thing I would check though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey I don't know if this will help or not but I had the same problem last year! New battery and everything in between. I traced it back to a burnt ground wire in my main wiring harness under the dash. I could jump it also and it ran ok. When I pushed the break in to start it I noticed the brake indicator on the dash dimmed a little and fade out. May not be your problem, but I just wanted to throw it out. You never know.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.349687,-83.839829

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket cdi/vdi? I know they need more voltage than the stock and if your battery is drained in the least, it won't fire.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It might be the starter relay clicking. Mine has the noticeable clicking when I have the hood up and the battery cover off. It only does it on the turn of the ignition switch and then when it is released,upon firing up.Other than that I don't normally hear the starter relay clicking. I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts