Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just cleaning the mud and sand from my bat box...and I see my CDI box Say's...Unleash your Rhino with a siver sticker...Is that the stock one?...or after market?...if after...what brand?..and any good?...thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Funny. I just did the same thing this morning on one I bought yesterday. Mine also gas Two Brothers Duals and I assume some kind of sheave as it acts like it has a stall converter. My question is I was planning on a Dyna Tek FS? as seems to be what everyone around here uses. Would I see any changes with the Dyna Tek? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
just cleaning the mud and sand from my bat box...and I see my CDI box Say's...Unleash your Rhino with a siver sticker...Is that the stock one?...or after market?...if after...what brand?..and any good?...thanks
I took a flat peice of aluminum sheeting and made a cover to go over the plastic factory insert cover for the battery and drill the 2 holes that are on the factory cover to hold it on seems to be keeping mud/debris from getting it the box.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i suggest you get a stock one for backup or replace the BRP.
its not know to be a good aftermarket cdi. i had one and it toasted on me one night doing about 30mph on a ride. sat in the dark for an hour trying to figure out why i had no spark before towing it back. researched on here and went out and put the stock cdi back in...fired right up

·
Registered
23 Posts
THANKS! It is Very cold natured even on a 85* day today starting it up. Don't have the stocker but may go with the DT and use this for a spare.... Any other thoughts, ideas, or experiences would be appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts