Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Cleaning clutches??

12K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Shrek Racing 
#1 ·
Whats the trick to this?? Was going to pull the big cover of around my clutches and clean them just wondering what to use to clean them?? brake cleaner??

#3 ·
are u talking about just the inside of the primary? (where the weights slide)? I would pull apart both primary and fixed, also the secondary regrease the secondary and sand down where the belt runs, use some 160 then some 220 to smooth it out.

are u getting a new sheave? try a Hot Rod!

#4 ·
ya if ur talking bout the inside of the sheave ,

get a chit load of paper towels wipe out n clean as much grease as u can , then carb spray the heck out of it 3 times, just when u think its clean do it again ,

then go greaseless weights, and never look back . lol

some peeps thro it in there dishwasher to lol , or a cleaning tank

#7 ·
Take the sheave apart like everyone says and switch to greaseless weights!! Best thing you can do! Clean the heck out of the sheave like everyone says.

#8 ·
WV Hot Rod Sheaves at RuttingRhino.com

RuttingRhino.com is now the online dealer for WV Hot Rod Rhino Sheaves w/ OD Grease Less Slider Weights

WV Hot Rod Rhino 700 Sheaves at RuttingRhino.com

WV Hot Rod Rhino 660 Sheaves at RuttingRhino.com

The WV Hot Rod Rhino Sheave w/ grease less od slider weights is w/o question the single best performance mod you can do for a Yamaha Rhino 700...

It will accelerate faster than stock and hit the factory rev limiter at 50 mph with no added noise...and no electronic modifications...

Simply remove your current sheave and install the new machined sheave in it's place and you have a completely made over rhino....

That is NOT hype...this is the most bang for the buck period...

We also have the round grease less if you prefer to hit the rev limiter at the same speed as it did from the factory...

#9 ·
I sand and buff the pullies to a mirror finish. Make the belt grip better. I am sure there is some disagreement about that, but worked extremely well years ago when I was racing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.