Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one gonna be at the cinders this wekend? This will be my first time to the cinders in flagstaff any advise on trails?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go fast lol! we need to hook up for a ride!
Yes sir for sure we would love to get together. And of course go fast as fast as my stock rhino will let us.

·
Registered
389 Posts
cinders

Ya, I will be there Friday morning thru Monday. If you want I could give you a tour of the cinders. There is an easy way around to get to anywhere you want to go! Make sure you bring goggles and bandanas it will be dusty. Are you camping with others or by your self ? Just a side note to anyone going to the cinders: 4th of July they were checking every vehicle for OHV stickers and spark aresters.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be.with a couple of quad guys. I guess I better check and.see if I have a spark arrester

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, I will be there Friday morning thru Monday. If you want I could give you a tour of the cinders. There is an easy way around to get to anywhere you want to go! Make sure you bring goggles and bandanas it will be dusty. Are you camping with others or by your self ? Just a side note to anyone going to the cinders: 4th of July they were checking every vehicle for OHV stickers and spark aresters.
I have stock exaust with a aftermarkit tip are the spark arresters in the tip or pipe? I am out of town till tonight so if you guys think I need to get one I will try to find one now. I dont want to wait and not be able to make it to the cinders.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dan I will look tonight are they easy to find at store I live in podunk town my concern is not findin one if I need one

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Thanks Dan I will look tonight are they easy to find at store I live in podunk town my concern is not findin one if I need one
We've been getting a lot of rain mostly everyday. The dust outta be down out there. I will be at Lake Powell this weekend otherwise I would join you. I might do a Cinder run Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats good hopefully not much dust.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you can't find the stock tip which had the screen on it you can go to the hardware store and get a piece of screen and hose clamp it to the tip . They were letting people get away with that. They were more concerned about a fire than the "legal forest service aproved spark arestor". If they have been having rain up there like Jim said they probably won't even be checking. I mentioned that just so everyone could be prepared just in case . There was just alot of people driving back into Flagstaff to buy some screen and hose clamps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i went once on my raptor 700....tore up my paddles :( and theirs alot of whoops to getting out there. hope u have some travel on ur rhino because it was a pain in the ass...literally.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you can't find the stock tip which had the screen on it you can go to the hardware store and get a piece of screen and hose clamp it to the tip . They were letting people get away with that. They were more concerned about a fire than the "legal forest service aproved spark arestor". If they have been having rain up there like Jim said they probably won't even be checking. I mentioned that just so everyone could be prepared just in case . There was just alot of people driving back into Flagstaff to buy some screen and hose clamps.
Thanks for the heads up I dont have the stock tip

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will be.with a couple of quad guys. I guess I better check and.see if I have a spark arrester
If you have a gps I could give you the cords. to our camp and you can stop buy and visit or get a tour of the cinders if you want.

That would be nice they said they are campin of the 777 road

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Jimmy, Glad to see you got your sr1 running they are a blast. What exhaust are you running. I know my muzzy street bike pipe does not have an arrestor on their, or do I even need one since its a street bike basically in a rhino. What would happen if a street bike wanted to ride the woods, wold they have to put a screen on?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts